Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

paid4training

Missing my family
When logging time for airline aps what is more valuable to the airlines, multi recip or single turbine?

if both are as PIC and the single does NOT require a type rating or is military (F16 ect) then go with the multi time

So the Airlines much rather see twin recip time and not PT6 time? I was always of the thinking that Turbine was gold. I have a student who is going to purchase a Turbine Merridian and I will be getting a lot of time flying him and his partners around. I am also going to be getting some King air time but not as much as the Merridian. I have over 140 hr of Multi but I was hoping this opprotunity would help my overall numbers.

It helps your numbers more than a 172 for sure but the more multi the better. They want experience in two engine aircraft.

So the Airlines much rather see twin recip time and not PT6 time? I was always of the thinking that Turbine was gold. I have a student who is going to purchase a Turbine Merridian and I will be getting a lot of time flying him and his partners around. I am also going to be getting some King air time but not as much as the Merridian. I have over 140 hr of Multi but I was hoping this opprotunity would help my overall numbers.

Think about it. What's the difference between a Meridian and a Malibu? Mostly learning how to start the engine. Big deal.

What's the difference between a Meridian and a King Air? It's a whole different way of thinking about flying. Vmc, decision speeds, balanced field, second segment climb, etc. etc.

It's like a whole new vocabulary and mindset.

That's what airlines are looking for and that's what they mean when they ask for turbine time. Piston engine multi isn't the same but it's closer to the idea than single engine turboprop.

Your Meridian and King Air jobs are going to put you in a position where you'll have access to FAR better flying jobs than the airlines.

Maybe your premise needs reexamination...

Think about it. What's the difference between a Meridian and a Malibu? Mostly learning how to start the engine. Big deal.

What's the difference between a Meridian and a King Air? It's a whole different way of thinking about flying. Vmc, decision speeds, balanced field, second segment climb, etc. etc.

It's like a whole new vocabulary and mindset.

That's what airlines are looking for and that's what they mean when they ask for turbine time. Piston engine multi isn't the same but it's closer to the idea than single engine turboprop.

Very good point I didn't really think about that. I'm just glad to have a little variety than "right rudder, right rudder". I'm am just fortunate to have the opprotunity.

Your Meridian and King Air jobs are going to put you in a position where you'll have access to FAR better flying jobs than the airlines.

Maybe your premise needs reexamination...

But how am I going to pick up chicks??? I mean nothing says "you will be naked soon ms blonde" than "hey there Im an airline pilot". J/k

I am taking nothing for granted when it comes to the options I have been presented!!!!

Latest resources

Back