Multi Rating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mocaman

Hey guys, I need some advice for getting my multi rating. I have two options that I can do. Tell me what you would would do.

Option 1. Fly a 310 from the FBO that I am a regular at. I know the chief pilot fairly well and have flown there for 10 years. I hope to get hired there when I get my CFI. I have no time in a 310. After I get my rating I would be able to rent the 310 anytime for time building.

Option 2. Fly an aztec at another FBO where I obtained my instrument and Commercial. The instuctor is also an examiner. I flew this exact aztec for 10 hours to get the 10 hours complex time for my commercial. In those 10 hours we pretty much covered everything that I would do for my multi. I really dont think there is much opportunity to rent the aztec after I get my rating. The examiner owns it, and I think he just does dual with it. I know exactly what to expect from the check ride. The examiner has been a great instructor and I would like to go with him, but I also want to have an opportunity to build time easily, and not have to get checked out in the 310 if I decide to go the aztec route. The rates are both about $200/hour. I am concerned that If I go with the aztec, the chief pilot at the other FBO will be like " Thats nice, you want to work for us, but you didnt go with us for multi training".

Thanks guys!

i'd go with the cheaper route.. it sounds like you're practically ready for the checkride and just need the signoff. if you decide to start over with a new plane, new cfi, new examiner.. it's going to add up fast at $200/hr. just get the rating done cheap then worry about building time.

If your in the Dallas area...go to that guy over at redbird field. Can't remember his name but it's like 800$ and he uses a travelair. Anyone remember his name?

Latest resources

Back