• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Multi oportunity in NC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who said anything about discouraging new pilots from starting an aviation job? I merely wondered why people TODAY would put up with all the massive sacrifice (in money and quality of life) and abuse for little or no chance of a viable career in aviation.

Now, if by being honest about the state of the industry, someone may end up discouraged as a by-product. Well that is just life I guess. At least they are getting the information they need to make an informed decision.

I agree with Cokie907 to a certain extent. If someone is discouraged by what people are telling them about this industry it probably means that they weren't all too serious about making this a career. To answer your question Cokie, the reason I did it is because it allowed me to come closer to what I want to do, regardless of the job market. Besides most of the guys who went to a university (other than the ERAU guys) have a back up plan. Most universities that I have seen tie the program with another field. My school made us take management classes and our degree is an aviation management/ airport manager with a concentration on flight operations. If things go to hell in a hand basket I and my fellow classmates could always manage or work somewhere to make money.

PS I am not saying ERAU is bad just saying most of my buddies from there are not well rounded, thats the reason why I left the place!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back