Multi oportunity in NC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

planejockey

I am currently an instructor in VA and I was wondering if anyone knows a place or person I could talk to build some experience in the IFR system, prefereably in a multi but singles are fine as well. I am willing to drive to KGSO, KRDU, KROA, KLYH, KHEF, KCHO.

Ram Air freight in RDU, need 135 mins. Lots of stuff on here about them if you do a search. Used to be another place but Ram Air bought them.-kingaira90

thanks, I have sent them my resume and I have talked to a couple of their pilots. I am a little short of their mins but I am always updating my resume with them.

Airnet probably has flying in VA and NC, nothing certian on where you live though. They had a SIC program, not sure if they are doing it at all now. -kingaira90

you probably have the time for mountain air cargo also. Although no gaurantee on location either. F-27 and ATR-42, or a regional if you want to go that route. I hear peidmont has some pretty high attrition right now.-kingaira90

kingaira90 said:
Airnet probably has flying in VA and NC, nothing certian on where you live though. They had a SIC program, not sure if they are doing it at all now. -kingaira90
Airnet is still doing the SIC program. I think they are hiring people with >850 hrs. The have a pretty large prop base at BHM. Dont know if that is too far. There was a 310 in Columbia SC but I think it is gone now. There also might be one in RIC. Most of the SIC's are either in BHM or LCK though.
WDR11

I have a buddy of mine who is with Airnet in LCK and he is doing the GS with them with 500TT and 12 hrs of multi on him, then again he knew the C.P., I am going to try them. Does anyone know what kind of time Mountain Air Cargo is looking for?
Thanks for the info: kingaira90, and uscpilot

Not trying to start $hit here..just curious.

I remember asking these kinds of questions years ago, but it was on a system called Prodigy and you had to wait 24 hours to see your reply. Alot has changed since then (1993). Notably, a massive glut of pilots and a whole line-up of bankrupt carriers handing out flying to those regionals that will do the flying for next to nothing.

With the sorry state of this industry in mind and the entire industry in a race to the bottom, my question is this: Why would anyone bother to start out in this dismal career (if it can be called that anymore) and why would they spend 1,000's to build multi-engine time?

Not trying to start $hit here, just perplexed that's all.

You are right the industry is at its worst right now for the pilot, its even worse if you are trying to make money in this industry. I mean the janitor has better wages and benefits than the pilot. This could be just me being anxious to work but right now I am not too concerned about the money I would make flying. By no means does that mean that I am willing to undercut any other pilot by offering my services to a company for cheap. Even though I am still chasing a dream that I have always had since I was little kid I know there is a father, mother, etc out there trying to support their family with their flying income. I would feel horrible taking a fellow man's job for a cheaper price so I could get my dream. It might be cool for the now but when I have a family someday I would surely be pi**ed if a new kid says he would do my job of half the price or less just because he wants to build the experience. This lack of respect for each other is what I think has driven the management people to keep income levels low. That being said I am looking for a person who is flying single pilot to allow me to get the experience of the IFR industry by letting me relieve their work load and stress by letting me ride along with them. I am doing this because I don’t want to become a statistic on a company's blog about why a person didn't make it. I think by me riding right seat with a person who is involved in the IFR system allows me to sharpen my skills as well as give my students a better instruction first and foremost at this time, since this is my primary job and I have an obligation to give my students the best instruction I could give them so one day they could find it useful.

I can't speak for everyone, but I am flying for a living now because I hated my old job, and flying is what I have wanted to do my entire life. for me it isn't at all as bad as a lot of people on this site make it out to be....I am not making more than at my old job building windows, but I wake up every morning and am excited to go to work. I don't think we should be discouraging new pilots from starting an aviation career.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back