• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

multi engine

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now dangit... I wrote a three paragraph review of these tapes, and it didn't post on here. Errr... I dont want to write this all out again!!!

In short, I have viewed the King multi videos on a couple occasions and I really liked them. I'm not a big King video supporter, but they did a really good job with this.

This would be a great video to get before you actually start your multi training. They cover all the usual ground school topics: Single-Engine Ops, Vmc, Identifying and Verifying Failed Engine, Shut Down Procedures, Rules of Thumbs for flying single-engine, etc.

They did most all the filming in a Beech Duchess, which might help you a little more if thats what you plan on doing your training in.

Overall I would recommend it to someone.

I've always sorta thought that all the additional tapes for Multi was sorta overkill. Ecspecially when doing it as a commercial add-on. Our 141 TCO calls for eight hours of ground, I spent it getting guys ready for the checkride because there is just very much info there. It's still an airplane except you have critical engine, Vmc and Vyse stuff. I walk out to the airplane for all that stuff.

Did they include a piece of yarn and roll of scotch tape with the video?

Gotta agree with '997 this one. I'm not a great fan of King videos either, but I always thought the ME videos were very good. Way back, I did my training in a Duchess, and the tapes fit very well. I've used them as a review for a model "syllabus" for teaching multi from time to time, as well, as I don't instruct multi- on a regular basis anymore. Overall, I'd recommend the videos as well.

Latest resources

Back