• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

multi engine

PILOTO

Total Time
does anybodu use the king multi engine videos? if you did what do you think about them?

User546

The Ultimate Show Stopper
Total Time
+1500
Now dangit... I wrote a three paragraph review of these tapes, and it didn't post on here. Errr... I dont want to write this all out again!!!

In short, I have viewed the King multi videos on a couple occasions and I really liked them. I'm not a big King video supporter, but they did a really good job with this.

This would be a great video to get before you actually start your multi training. They cover all the usual ground school topics: Single-Engine Ops, Vmc, Identifying and Verifying Failed Engine, Shut Down Procedures, Rules of Thumbs for flying single-engine, etc.

They did most all the filming in a Beech Duchess, which might help you a little more if thats what you plan on doing your training in.

Overall I would recommend it to someone.

Tarzan

Total Time
I've always sorta thought that all the additional tapes for Multi was sorta overkill. Ecspecially when doing it as a commercial add-on. Our 141 TCO calls for eight hours of ground, I spent it getting guys ready for the checkride because there is just very much info there. It's still an airplane except you have critical engine, Vmc and Vyse stuff. I walk out to the airplane for all that stuff.

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
Did they include a piece of yarn and roll of scotch tape with the video?

340drvr

Total Time
Gotta agree with '997 this one. I'm not a great fan of King videos either, but I always thought the ME videos were very good. Way back, I did my training in a Duchess, and the tapes fit very well. I've used them as a review for a model "syllabus" for teaching multi from time to time, as well, as I don't instruct multi- on a regular basis anymore. Overall, I'd recommend the videos as well.