• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Multi Engine Time Building

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you're in SoCal, gimme a hollar. I got one more slot on the insurance of my twin and we can split for around that amount .. 50hrs for $4k.

I'm splitting time w/ MEI's from my current school now but we're barely hitting 20 hours/month.

CaptO'Brien said:
I dont know about this place cause its website looks kinda sketchy..but is this PFT aswell?

http://www.multiengine.net/

looks kinda sketchy to me...IMHO

www.multiengine.net is for Aerial Survey, Inc. out of Galveston, Texas. They fly platform and pipeline patrol in Twin Comanches. Here's a post of mine about them from another thread:

I have a buddy who worked at Aerial Survey Inc. for about 5 years. Immaculate Twin Comanches and excellent maintenance. For the timebuilding, you ride along on the platform inspection flights, but you actually do all of the flying. Don't start with me about the actual ASI pilots also logging the time, that's between them and their logbooks. It's all part 91 so if you're a timebuilder and flying the airplane you can log it. Each flight is about 5-7 hours, so you build time quick. Super cheap and I DO know a few people who have been hired at regionals with the bulk of their multi time from ASI. The big problem seems to be scheduling. I think they are usually booked up 6 months out in advance. Call over there for info, the website isn't updated or responded to from what I understand. (409) 744-9691. Good luck, hope this helps.

AriBen prices are the "split" cost of two people time building... one under the hood, and one as 'safety pilot.' I've heard rumors (go figure) that there are some regionals that DO NOT consider safety time for multi engine.

The best pricing I've found is Walkwitz Aviation.

SINGLE PIC, Piper Apache, 50 hours: $ 106/hr = $5,300.

SINGLE PIC, Piper Apache, 100 hours: $99/hr = $9,900.

Both those above are only you flying, no sharing time.

If you want to split the cost by having two pilots, one under the hood, and one safety pilot, then divide those costs by two.

So, you could get 100 multi engine for (9,900 / 2) = $4950 !

http://www.multi-time.com/

However, I do not know anything about their quality, maintenance, etc.

Anyone been there who wants to chip in ?

Last edited:
I'd like to hear more definative opinions on how the regionals feel about multi time acquired this way.

Latest resources

Back