Much respect to you all

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EnNuages

I've tried joining you all, but nothing has worked out yet, so I'm having fun getting some time the old-fashioned way.

It was impressive to visit a training/sim building, and to meet a few crew members. It would be a privilege to work with you.

It's fun to read your stories on FI.

Much respect.

Did you not get passed an interview or something? BTW, there is nothing wrong with getting time the old-fashioned way. The experience might save your life one day.

Last edited:
What's the "new" way of getting time? I'm out of the loop. Maybe just getting time is considered the old fashioned way.

-Brett

What's the "new" way of getting time? I'm out of the loop. Maybe just getting time is considered the old fashioned way.

-Brett
The new way is flying for a regional.

answer me this? does the new way of getting time better prepare oneself for dealing with emergencies than say a bad mag in in '63 aztec hauling freight over the mountains in a level 3/4 echo at night?

answer me this? does the new way of getting time better prepare oneself for dealing with emergencies than say a bad mag in in '63 aztec hauling freight over the mountains in a level 3/4 echo at night?

I'm not sure what to make of this post, but I'll take a crack.

If the "new way" of building flight time is flying a jet or turbo-prop for a regional airline, then yes, the "new way of getting time" is far superior to a bad mag in an Aztec over the mountains.

Part 121 training is the safest training in the world, the statistics prove it. You'd be a fool to choose flying a piston twin over a turbine powered aircraft for a part 121 carrier. I wish I'd have had the opportunity to fly for a regional airline rather than flight instructing and building time in questionable piston twins.

I've been very fortunate to fly good equipment from my very first flight lesson, but I've flown my share of junk and don't care to go back.

DrewBlows might be right, but it sure sucks for the memoirs.

"Fate is the Holder" doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Part 121 training is the safest training in the world, the statistics prove it. You'd be a fool to choose flying a piston twin over a turbine powered aircraft for a part 121 carrier. I wish I'd have had the opportunity to fly for a regional airline rather than flight instructing and building time in questionable piston twins.

Everything else being equal I would pick that "fool" over every guy that has 500 hours of fair weather flying, "safe" pilots like your self. Your post sounds an awful lot like the "entitlement" that I hear so many training instructors complaining the new guys have. The idea of learning while getting experience is a concept you dont even comprehend.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back