• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MU-2 Crash in Hillsboro

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They don't call the powerplant's on that hunk-a-junk,"Garrett Grenades" for nothing, Very unreliable direct coupled prop to engine core, with a complex negative torque system. If the prop fail's to feather, you die.

By the way, if you do get to the B-100, PM me and I'll give you my #. I'll fill you in on everythng I know. Owner one for 9 years or so, got to be pretty handy around the old girl.
Thanks very much ... I'll definitely take you upon that. If everything goes according to plan (I know ... it rarely does) I want to be ready to interview by next Summer for what I hope is a very long-term opportunity. The gentleman running the department is a good guy ... a very generous and knowledgeable teacher. He has pretty much guaranteed me an interview, but I have a lot of work to do before then to ensure he's impressed enough to give me a shot at the job. I could be perfectly happy flying turboprops for as long as I can hold a Class 1, so I hope it works out.

And about MU2s ... I talked to a guy yesterday who has almost 1000 hours in them and he loves the airplane. It seems like most of the guys who've flown them for a while all love the MU2, and some even say it's a 'fun' airplane and that it only requires respect for it's quirks, good maintenance, and solid training.

Sounds like a plan to me. :)

Mitsubishi Minh

Would anyone here just straight up refuse to fly one?

I would if they expected me to fly it without the proper training. And by that I mean I'd want to go to Reece Howell in Tennessee.

I'm assuming you mean as PIC - not as just a right seater.

I know posting twice in a row is lame, but oh well - I had something to add!

Also, that's assuming I had the other requisite experience to feel comfortable in one. I'm just now barely insurable in a 'regular' turboprop as PIC - I'm not sure, even with the training, that I'd get in an MU-2 at this point. I'd like to have more overall experience under my belt.

Latest resources

Back