Mt. Air Cargo questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KingAirKiddo

Contemplating a move out of the regionals into the box hauling business and just wondering a few things about this company.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the pay, schedules, domiciles, etc. at MAC. Thanks in advance.

KAK

Mac

F-27 f/o starts at 25k per year although they are being replaced by the ATR42/72. Don't know much about the ATR life but I don't think it's different. Caravan starts at 32.5k per year and is the better way to go although you may retire in it since life is good and the pay tops out at 55k. Not bad for almost a part time job.

Check out the website- www.airt.net and look for MAC Homepage

For what it's worth I'm happy here but then again all it takes to make me happy is lots of home time, beer and grilled meat.

Thanks nolife.

Is it a problem to get the Caravan right off the bat? Can one go from Caravan PIC to Fokker/ATR PIC whenever seniority can hold it, or do you have to upgrade from the right seat of those airplanes?

Thanks for the info.

KAK

Mac

As with any place your equipment depends on what they need at the time. If you interview tell them you'll go anywhere and fly anything then once you're hired bid on what you want. I think you have to stay one year in the initial plane but after that you're off and running. Upgrades are slow but the wait isn't bad.

The normal progression was 121 f/o, 208 pic, then 121 pic. If you get the van off the bat then go to 121 f/o you bring your van pay over as an f/o making you a very highly paid f/o. Things may have changed with the ATR.

PM me if you want more specifics.
Good luck.

Makes sense. Thanks again for taking the time to answer. I'm still kicking it around at this point, but will PM you if I think of anything else.

I was down in ISO last week and saw a 328 in Fed Ex paint, is MAC going to start flying those? That would be a sweet ride to haul boxes!

apu said:
I was down in ISO last week and saw a 328 in Fed Ex paint, is MAC going to start flying those? That would be a sweet ride to haul boxes!

it was probably an ATR

Latest resources

Back