• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Mt. Air Cargo questions

KingAirKiddo

Total Time
Contemplating a move out of the regionals into the box hauling business and just wondering a few things about this company.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the pay, schedules, domiciles, etc. at MAC. Thanks in advance.

KAK

Nolife

Tired Member
Total Time
4000+
Mac

F-27 f/o starts at 25k per year although they are being replaced by the ATR42/72. Don't know much about the ATR life but I don't think it's different. Caravan starts at 32.5k per year and is the better way to go although you may retire in it since life is good and the pay tops out at 55k. Not bad for almost a part time job.

Check out the website- www.airt.net and look for MAC Homepage

For what it's worth I'm happy here but then again all it takes to make me happy is lots of home time, beer and grilled meat.

KingAirKiddo

Total Time
Thanks nolife.

Is it a problem to get the Caravan right off the bat? Can one go from Caravan PIC to Fokker/ATR PIC whenever seniority can hold it, or do you have to upgrade from the right seat of those airplanes?

Thanks for the info.

KAK

Nolife

Tired Member
Total Time
4000+
Mac

As with any place your equipment depends on what they need at the time. If you interview tell them you'll go anywhere and fly anything then once you're hired bid on what you want. I think you have to stay one year in the initial plane but after that you're off and running. Upgrades are slow but the wait isn't bad.

The normal progression was 121 f/o, 208 pic, then 121 pic. If you get the van off the bat then go to 121 f/o you bring your van pay over as an f/o making you a very highly paid f/o. Things may have changed with the ATR.

PM me if you want more specifics.
Good luck.

KingAirKiddo

Total Time
Makes sense. Thanks again for taking the time to answer. I'm still kicking it around at this point, but will PM you if I think of anything else.

apu

Total Time
I was down in ISO last week and saw a 328 in Fed Ex paint, is MAC going to start flying those? That would be a sweet ride to haul boxes!

hawkerflyer

Total Time
9500+
A FedEx Dornier ? Wow, that's a new one.

tsky

Hello Newman!
Total Time
4000+
apu said:
I was down in ISO last week and saw a 328 in Fed Ex paint, is MAC going to start flying those? That would be a sweet ride to haul boxes!

it was probably an ATR

bombinha

Total Time
10k+
He understands a lot about planes that's why he doesn't know the difference.