MS Flt sim 2002

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rumrunner

Is there a way to plan an IFR flight with a Non Precision at the destination? I know that when your destination airport has an ILS, the atc function will give you vectors for the approach. Just wondering if there is a way to use the ATC function to get onto a non precision. I only get vectors to the airport with a report airport in sight. Thanks for any help

The ATC in flight sim leaves much to be desired. Not really a fan of the game anyways, I bought it, played it a few times, took it off because its just not realistic and its boring.

Heck ATC cancels you flight plan for you for now reason.

Take my advice:

Try out a program called Radar Contact.
More information can be found on AvSim's message boards.
I never fly FS2002 without it!

It will do what you want, and a ton more!

FS2k2 is basically useful for one thing .. practicing holds, approaches, etc., that you would do for your local airports so that when you go for dual instruction in the sim and airplane, the IAPs don't look greek to you.

Go to Vatsim.net and you can get live real-time atc from online controllers who do it as a hobby. It was a huge help when I was going through my ifr training. It is a slight pain to set up but once you have the process down it's a piece of cake and a lot of fun.

FS does not support the WAV files for vectors to non precision approaches. However, some individuals have uploaded their own WAV files for this exact thing but it does require you to change things on the FS CFG main file. I bit comlicated but it can be done.

Check out www.Flightsim.com ..There's an article about doing it somewhere.

The best flight sim game I've played is "IL-2 Sturmovik". Beats the pants off anything I've seen MS come out with, though I hear CSIII is gonna be really neat!

Latest resources

Back