• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Movin' on up, or Stay Put

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
its amazing how dumb republician supporting pilots are, sometimes I wonder if these guys ever went to college and took the basic liberal arts classes!!! This administration has did more to ruin our industry then anyone, open skies anybody???
Thats funny, I can't believe how dumb Dem supporting pilots are. Just because someone doesn't agree with you does not give you the right to call them dumb. If you choose to support the party of the ACLU, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, the tree hugging wackos who won't allow new refineries to be built, and oh yeah the lazy slobs who suck on the dole then thats your problem you know it all puke.

its amazing how dumb republician supporting pilots are, sometimes I wonder if these guys ever went to college and took the basic liberal arts classes!!! This administration has did more to ruin our industry then anyone, open skies anybody???

College educated, yet 3rd grade writing skills? I love it when dumb people try to act smart, it's amusing!

dumbpilot,

You have no facts in your statement, it is all opinion.
No facts, hmm...so the dollar isn't at all time lows, and that has nothing to do with the price of oil? The deficit hasn't been run up during 8 years of a GOP administration? China isn't the largest buyer of US debt?

I don't know, I think I stuck with mostly the facts.

Last edited:
No facts, hmm...so the dollar isn't at all time lows, and that has nothing to do with the price of oil? The deficit hasn't been run up during 8 years of a GOP administration? China isn't the largest buyer of US debt?

I don't know, I think I stuck with mostly the facts.

I'm generally conservative, and vote a fairly independent ballot one race/one issue at a time.

I really can't see how a sane person can argue any of the above.

PIPE

Thank God I voted for Bush. After all he is going to veto this age sixty thing. And the Libs are lineing the halls to sign on for sixty. Pick your posion. I vote No for age sixty.

(I know Bush has no idea what the age sixty vote is all about but I can count on his veto)

Thank God I voted for Bush. After all he is going to veto this age sixty thing. And the Libs are lineing the halls to sign on for sixtyfive. Pick your posion. I vote No for age sixtyfive.

(I know Bush has no idea what the age sixty vote is all about but I can count on his veto)Today 01:34

did not mean to double post.
No way to edit previous post.

Hey Blzr,

I don't remember which corporate operator you're flying for. I know which 121 you flew for prior though.

These boards are interesting, but unless you happen to be talking to someone who WAS part 121, went to Corporate, and is pondering a return to 121 -- the advise you get here is flawed.

I would question which of the peanuts in the gallery who are spouting off about the airplane being sold in a declining economy have actually FLOWN corporate. (real corporate, not charter)

My personal opinion would be that you should take a critical look at your flight department's usage of the aircraft. Is it used for critical business needs? Or to take the boss golfing, sailing, etc.

How much time is the use of the corporate aircraft saving the executives. If your department has not done such an analysis to determine overall time saved vs. airline flying -- they should!

I disagree that corporate flying is categorically in greater jeopardy than airline flying in a declining economy. I don't think we can paint with such broad strokes. It depends on the type of company you work for, what happens to their business in a declining economy, the usage of the aircraft, etc.

Personally I would much rather be where I am today during a recession with rapidly rising oil prices than at an airline whose cost structure is dependent upon the price of oil.

Is my job here secure long term? Probably not. Is it more secure than being in the bottom 20%-30% at an airline -- i'm almost positive.

Hey Blzr,

I don't remember which corporate operator you're flying for. I know which 121 you flew for prior though.

These boards are interesting, but unless you happen to be talking to someone who WAS part 121, went to Corporate, and is pondering a return to 121 -- the advise you get here is flawed.

I would question which of the peanuts in the gallery who are spouting off about the airplane being sold in a declining economy have actually FLOWN corporate. (real corporate, not charter)

My personal opinion would be that you should take a critical look at your flight department's usage of the aircraft. Is it used for critical business needs? Or to take the boss golfing, sailing, etc.

How much time is the use of the corporate aircraft saving the executives. If your department has not done such an analysis to determine overall time saved vs. airline flying -- they should!

I disagree that corporate flying is categorically in greater jeopardy than airline flying in a declining economy. I don't think we can paint with such broad strokes. It depends on the type of company you work for, what happens to their business in a declining economy, the usage of the aircraft, etc.

Personally I would much rather be where I am today during a recession with rapidly rising oil prices than at an airline whose cost structure is dependent upon the price of oil.

Is my job here secure long term? Probably not. Is it more secure than being in the bottom 20%-30% at an airline -- i'm almost positive.

You make good points. There are so many different corporate jobs that you have to look at each closely. One I think about would weather a deep recession well as the flight department is in existance to fly for a wealthy individual who continues to add wealth(passive income). His 2 jet flight department isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I flew corporate for many years and I agree that not all corporate jobs are the same (as all airline jobs are at it's core, pretty similar) but I would only fly corporate again if my kids where going hungry.

I previously flew for 121 regional carriers and now fly corporate. So much of your decision must be based on what corporate job you have and what 121 job you are talking about. To blanketly say that in an economic downturn you are at greater risk than at the airlines is certainly not true in all cases depending on what industry you operate in.

I too have the desire to fly 121 again but there are only three carriers that I would leave my current job for (Fed Ex, UPS, or SWA). That being said, you won't know if you made the best choice until the end of your career. Some of the things I consider in my reasoning are: job security, compensation, time off, the kind of people you fly with, the kind of people who you are flying, and the type of flying you do. I have a great job that allows significant time off, very few overnights, great equipment, and I'm making what a senior FO would make at the legacies in my second year. That being said, a very small percentage of my work is actually flying airplanes. I miss the purity of flying from point A to point B without worrying about the limo or the hotel or rental car or customs ect... For me, that more than anything is why I want to go fly 121 again. Just my opinion though. By the way, I vote Libertarian.

Latest resources

Back