Movin' on up, or Stay Put

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

blzr

How many of you that are looking to move up from your Regional or corp gig? Am I right or wrong in listening to the talking heads on TV that say the economy is going to tank, on the one hand, and if a Dem gets elected we are all going to hell in a handbasket, on the other.

I have a great job flying about 350hrs/year making good beans, but have been entertaining 121 flying again. With the constant talk of a cooling economy, oil going to $200/ barrel, and taxes going to 50% if a dem gets elected, I find myself in a kind of "fish or cut bait" scenario.

Am I the only one thinking like this, or are their others sitting on the fence? Also, anyone out there with some thoughts on the matter, What do you think?

If the economy tanks, a corp gig is not safer bet than 121. I know several former corporate pilots whose airplanes were sold out from under them. Bottom line, we are all free agents and there is no sure thing.

we are all free agents and there is no sure thing.

Lets start thinking like free agents then. The problem is that even in times where jobs are plentifull, pilots keep selling themselves short, paying for training, accepting no insurance for six months and undecuting other pilot groups for the flying that majors should be doing. we are our own worst enemy.

and taxes going to 50% if a dem gets elected,
And if the GOP stays in power the deficit will continue to explode, and the dollar will continue to tumble and become the new peso which will drive oil prices up to that $200 dollars a barrel. That along with energy policy that has no plan to change from fossil fuels and diversify our energy portfolio should help keep fuel prices low.:rolleyes:
But at least the countries debt will be bought by our friends like China. Just look how good the last 8 years have been under a republican administration. But at least our taxes will be low, we can just borrow our way out of debt just like the mortgage market did for those Americans who ran their house holds like the GOP runs our economy.

BTW I think you should stay put and bury your head in the sand.

And if the GOP stays in power the deficit will continue to explode, and the dollar will continue to tumble and become the new peso which will drive oil prices up to that $200 dollars a barrel. That along with energy policy that has no plan to change from fossil fuels and diversify our energy portfolio should help keep fuel prices low.:rolleyes:
But at least the countries debt will be bought by our friends like China. Just look how good the last 8 years have been under a republican administration. But at least our taxes will be low, we can just borrow our way out of debt just like the mortgage market did for those Americans who ran their house holds like the GOP runs our economy.

BTW I think you should stay put and bury your head in the sand.

Well said!

its amazing how dumb republician supporting pilots are, sometimes I wonder if these guys ever went to college and took the basic liberal arts classes!!! This administration has did more to ruin our industry then anyone, open skies anybody???

Generally speaking, and I know there are exceptions, I would feel more comfortable at a major 121 carrier (not a regional) than I would at a corporate gig under some of the scenarios you are talking about. They can handle fluctuations in the economy a heck of a lot better than some company that has a few airplanes when times get tough. Again like I said, there are exceptions.

Latest resources

Back