• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Move over G Ramp, here comes Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a class date for next Monday the 22nd. I asked them if I could get the next month because they only gave me 10 days notice. (Also, I want time to get in another interview or two with ANYONE else. I got the Beech right now and I really want the SAAB so I can eventually be based at home in Houston.

Does anyone have any ideas if this new thing with United could help me get the SAAB?

Thanks.

I am very humbled in a company accepting me to fly their multi-million dollar aircraft and intrusting me with lives. The only reason I am hesitant about Colgan is from all of the horrible things I have heard here about their MX practices. The home base is just icing on the cake. I appreciate your helpful advice, though.

Last edited:
Traykn said:
I am very humbled in a company accepting me to fly their multi-million dolar aircraft and intrusting me with lives. The only reason I am hesitant about Colgan is from all of the horrible things I have heard here about their MX practices. The home base is just icing on the cake. I appreciate your helpful advice, though.

Multi-million....Not. Maybe 100,000. You might want to look into a multi-million dollar life insurance policy though.

Traykn said:
I am very humbled in a company accepting me to fly their multi-million dollar aircraft and intrusting me with lives. The only reason I am hesitant about Colgan is from all of the horrible things I have heard here about their MX practices. The home base is just icing on the cake. I appreciate your helpful advice, though.

IMHO, that was a mature and thoughtful response to a petty and poorly conceived insult. I don't think there's anything wrong with being selective in your search for a job. If you're from Houston, I can tell you that your commute - and therefore QOL - would be much better on the Saab than the Beech. Much much much better.

The Colgans are running a business, and like many regional airlines, they face a challenge in retention. If you're upfront with them and explain that you'd be more likely to stay long-term if given the Saab, they'd likely value your honestly and give it consideration.

Good luck in your search. If you have a good CFI job and can afford to be selective, then by all means, do so!

I appreciate your understanding. I am just asking for some advice as to what someone more experienced than I may understand about this business and how this new information may or may not affect my personal situation. I do have a great 135 job flying King Air 200s and 350s for twice the pay of a regional, so I believe that I can afford to be a bit selective. My current company does not offer any upgrades to captain so I must look elsewhere to gain my Turbine PIC so that I may move on to something more permanent.

Beech upgrades have been going very fast. You got beech FO's quiting to go to the 170 at chautauqua, plus you got beech captains switching over to the saab. Along with a quick upgrade, you will also be a checkairman quick on the beech. A year or so after that you will be a saab captain. On the beech, none of the saab FO's in front of you count, they can not bid beech captain. The beech does have turbine engines.

Wow TRAYKN! You have based your life goal on this board? Man if you do that I think you are easily persuaded. Go fly where you want but please dont make judgements from this site man. Use your head.....

Latest resources

Back