• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Moustaches?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I should be interviewing at NJA in the next month or two. What's their position/attitude on moustaches for both the interview and at work. I've had my moustache for over 35 years at both the military and a major airline with no problems (it's always well trimmed.) I have no compunction about shaving it off permanently if it will help me get hired or is a requirement (even if unwritten) for the job. Thanks in advance for your comments.
Are you male or female.....

Shave it far enought in advance so you don't have an upper white lip. Because the upper white lip may go into questions about why did you shave it off.

What a bunch of yankers........

Dude,

Trim the stache, look good and screw it! I went to my interview in a BROWN suit with a BLUE dress shirt and a ORANGE tie.

The whole table laughed at me and asked if I didnt get the memo about no blue shirts?

I shot back, "What? I just watched Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, and this is the hottest thing going." Sh*t you not! One guy was spitting cofffee through his nose.

I was in and out.... 10 minutes! For the love of Pete, be yourself.

What a bunch of yankers........

Dude,

I shot back, "What? I just watched Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, and this is the hottest thing going." Sh*t you not! One guy was spitting cofffee through his nose.

I wouldnt question your clothes, but I would have a problem that you watch that TV show.....and then even admit to watching it.

I've been giving rides for years and have never been turned down:D...Nope, will not shave it off

Upper white lip? Speak for yourself!

As to the original issue: Don't shave your 'stache. I think it goes to integrity. At the interview you'll be: "This isn't really what I look like. I'm just scamming you to get the job."

The first time you see one of your interviewers after you get the job, you'll be: "Yeah, you HR puke/ Chief Pilot/ etc, I scammed you with that moustache shave-off deal."

I don't think people are that anal anymore, unless you're interviewing with a 4-star General for some fighter squadron. Be yourself, Bro. Sink or swim on who you really are; you'll feel better. (Isn't it all about feelings, these days?) Just groom well!

-- 29 year moustache shaved ONLY during basic training at the point of a gun.

Latest resources

Back