• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mountain Air Cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's the first I've heard of that. A couple Baron guys are friends and they say they are never pressured to fly in moderate or greater ice. Same with MAC.

Nolife, "Happy Holidays". I'm getting a sunburn down here in the carribean in the middle of Dec, I'll call you in Houston.......

Congrats.....just stay clear of the caravan unless you flying in the deep south....they dont take kindly to bagging trips because of "ice".

That couldn't be more inaccurate. I flew in the north and had to cancel several times due to ice. Also, operations had cancelled my flights due to weather & ice without giving me a choice. They are very aware that the 'van isn't ice friendly. They are also responsible for the FedEx owned 'vans that they fly. So, they make sure they cover their own butt. If anything, FedEx puts the pressure on MAC to make sure the route is flown, NOT MAC. FedEx Global Operations will hassle MAC operations trying to get you in the air, even when it's not legal. But, MAC ops does a fantastic job of combating them on your behalf. I would say that as a pilot, you have to make the decision of what is safe and what isn't. If you can't take that stand, you have no business sitting in the cockpit, even if your company pushes you to fly in ice. That being said, MAC is a safety oriented company and takes pride in that.

A300, have you heard anything about your Jan 2 training at the Mountain???

Sorry, I did not get in the forum until today. We started class today, only two guys off the street. We had a great time with John P. and Herman B. Met many of the office personnel. Great people.

well good deal.......have some fun with the indoc....uhhhh
so what is the schedule then, done on Friday then off to Houston???????

well good deal.......have some fun with the indoc....uhhhh
so what is the schedule then, done on Friday then off to Houston???????

Second Day: we made it through the Martha and John King videos, yaaaaaaaa!!!

We will finish on Saturday (monday was a holiday). Off to HOU on sunday, class at FS starting on monday.

I've seen a Mountain ATR in MSN recently. Is this going to be a permanent thing?

Latest resources

Back