• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mountain AIr Cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
thanks SF#...NOW were getting somewhere. so whats the 72 weigh, anyone? ...then again, as long as the a/c is less than 60, i guess it dosent matter.

kinda strange that UPS has a limit on pounds, i may hafta go check and make sure of that...

From the info I have...

The maximum TO weight for the ATR42-320 (COEX's old ATRs are -320s) is 36,825lbs.

I'm not sure which model ATR72 FedEx is looking at, but I'd assume it would be the older -200 series as opposed to the newer -500. The maximum TO weight for the ATR72-202 is 48,501. Assuming this info is correct (its straight from the FAA :rolleyes: ) than all ATR models fall within the range of the 'clause'.

A personal note...as a former COEX employee who had flown on a TON of their ATRs all over TX, LA and MS, I'm really looking forward to seeing them in FedEx colors...since FedEx is my present employer. ;)

Cheers

Paladin said:
From the info I have...

The maximum TO weight for the ATR42-320 (COEX's old ATRs are -320s) is 36,825lbs.

I'm not sure which model ATR72 FedEx is looking at, but I'd assume it would be the older -200 series as opposed to the newer -500. The maximum TO weight for the ATR72-202 is 48,501. Assuming this info is correct (its straight from the FAA :rolleyes: ) than all ATR models fall within the range of the 'clause'.

A personal note...as a former COEX employee who had flown on a TON of their ATRs all over TX, LA and MS, I'm really looking forward to seeing them in FedEx colors...since FedEx is my present employer. ;)

Cheers

You guys are getting some good ships. Let me know what tail Numbers you've got and I'll tell you the quirks of each one!:D They certainly did have a personality!

Just some info.

The 42's are 320 series. MTOW is 37,258 MGLW 36160. The Max take off was bumped up in 97/98 from 36,825. PW 121 engines. 1900SHP with a reserve of 2100. This was at 92.5 %TQ and 100%TQ respectively. But if you firewalled the power levers the TQ could go up to 125% and the things would SCREAM!!!!! Basically if you can fit it in the doors it would get off the ground. Even single engine with a full load (saw it one day!!) Non event, need a lot of rudder though.

The 72 MTOW is 47,400 and Landing I think is 47,000. If I remember 2450SHP and 2700SHP @RTO. This one has the "simitar" blades. At least the ones we had did. They were 72-212 models. There is also a 215...I think, and that had slightly diferent power managment system. Heavy plane and if you try to land it like the 42 it'll eat your lunch. Or drag the Tail!!! The 42 you could pull the power to idle at 100 feet and flare it in. Please don't try it in the 72. When the 72's 16 ft diameter blades stop making thrust they make a LOT of drag!

I miss that old girl. I'd trade in my Brazilian crap tube for one of those girls any day. Let me know if you have any more question.

The most up to date phone number I have for them is 704-377-2109...If this doesn't work, I'll see if I can conjure up another/newer one since I'll be spending most of the week about 15 miles from thier HQ...their number may be in the Charlotte phone book.
Cheers

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back