Mountain Air Cargo Training Contracts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fr8r said:
They also pay you $32k first year, $34.5 second & so on. During training, you stay in a decent hotel and are fed the whole time. I challenge anyone to find a commuter airline that can boast about $32k first year pay. It is also caravan pay mind you. "Other" Caravan operators only pay like $22k and the pilots have to load their on airplanes! I don't see MAC as a career airline as I once did, but they are a good company to work for.

My commment was not to imply anything about MAC. I have heard only great things about them. I was just kind of surprised at that number, but it must be true. Yeah loading an airplane sucks donkey kong rooster, especially if its august and then you have to go fly it covered in sweat.

Loading your own a/c sucks. I remember 110 degrees BWD, TX, loading my van with 3000 lbs of leaking dusty cement bags getting crap all over my nice pressed shirt and seeing the Baron guy sippin iced tea while the FDX rampers loaded his van. Plus at MRA I was making 22.5k a yr. :bawling:

MAC is a good company to work for.

landlover said:
My commment was not to imply anything about MAC. I have heard only great things about them. I was just kind of surprised at that number, but it must be true. Yeah loading an airplane sucks donkey kong rooster, especially if its august and then you have to go fly it covered in sweat.

Sorry Landlover. It wasn't my intention to sound like I was biting back. I was just commenting on how you can fly a Caravan for more money than most commuters. It's puzzling. On the other hand, MAC's captain pay for an ATR is way behind industry standard.

I've flown caravans for five different companies, I know pretty sad, and I've been paid anywhere between $80/day to $300/day. And I was making the $300/day 6 years ago, so I would say 32,000/year is kinda midrange at best for today's standards.

Latest resources

Back