Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You kids ever heard of Cnet.com?

Lots of good answers there.. :)

I need a new phone too, I was lookin' at the Q but I'm not so sure now.. I've heard if you cut off alot of the background programs, the life of the phone is much longer. Just a rumor though..

Maybe I should check out the 755p.. :)

I just read AT&T may be charging as much as $3000/year for the iPhone plans. yikes

My basic Motorola v325 has been serving me well. It makes phone calls!

I'd give it a miss

After one week I returned mine back to Verizon. The main reason was that I found that it's broadband connectivity speed was wayyyy slower than I expected.
Also, I found that the reproduction of audible speech was only very average. Actually, my cheapie old phone
(ie. Nokia 6610, that I got free from T-mobile) had higher quality and clearer audible speech reproduction, IMHO. The Q's battery life was ok, but could have been better.

I had the Moto Q and returned it within 2 weeks. Very disappointed.

The processer was slow (I seemed to be 1-2 button pushes ahead of it). It would also regularly lock up and require a "reboot". The screen resolution is nice, but that's about it. The other comments regarding the battery are spot on...terrible. If you used it for anything else other than a periodic phone call, better be near a charger at all times.

I expected a good product from Motorola and was not happy with the Moto Q. I changed to the Treo 700wx (with Sprint) and I am VERY pleased with this phone's reliability and usability.

Good luck!

The Samsung 7600 series phone is bulky, but it can do just about anything you want. I have my logbook on it as well as microsoft money, word, and excell. The only drawback is it doesn't have a camera. Extended life battery lasts for about 2-3 days with normal use.

I just got a new Treo 750 from AT&T and love it..I shopped around a lot and was debating the Iphone..but Ive been very pleased with the treo. Id check it out.

I just got one, in fact, I'm posting with it from the plane...3 hours late, ground stops and still waiting. Pm me later in the week if you want a comprehensive review...

Just to follow up from my original post. This phone blows. The battery life if pathetic. Less than a day. I've gone to bed fully charged and had a black screen in the morning. What the he!l was it doing overnight? It does have a nice screen. Others mentioned slow processor....yeah, I was always a few clicks ahead waiting for the system to catchup. It does play mp3 ringtones, that's about the only feature worth a damn. I didn't have much trouble with volume, although it wasn't very intuitive on how to change the different call, system, alarm volumes. Also, it runs Windows Mobile for Smartphones, much more limited than Windows Mobile 5.0. With a Delta discount, I payed $46 bucks for the phone. I think even that was too much!

Sounds like the Q would be a bad choice. Guess I'm going to have to fork over the extra bucks for the Treo... Thanks everyone for the advice!

Latest resources

Back