• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Most hours flow in a month ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
137 in a months time. Flight instructing in a beech duchess. At least it was in a twin.

Most Flight Time in a Month

Well,

153.2 in April 1984 - all flight instructing ... don't ask me if my students got their money's worth or if the instruction was "quality". I worked for a real busy FBO in Southern California, they were the West Coast/Alaska Piper distributor. President Regan has his 10% Investment Tax Credit at work and the "Lease Back-Trick Fux" was in full swing.

In fact, in that quarter I flew nearly 425 instructional hours, as:

January 114.6
February 118.4
March 131.1
April 153.2
May 142.7
June 94.6

I was so beat-up I took a single engine freight job to relax.

About a year later I flew 119.4 as a single pilot PA31 captain operating a Title 298 commuter air carrier. I don't think FAR Part 135 had Flight Time Limits or Rest Requirements, yet. At least they were inforced.

Mar, your high months in the SA227 or the 207 are way more flying than my high month in a Cherokee !!!

TransMach

Last edited:
I did 146 landings and takeoffs in one day, 11 hours and forty minutes of water scooping in a PBY on fires in the N.W.T back in 73.

Cat.

I got you all beat, I flew 8 hours this month over a 2 day period.

Over 150 in a month flying Ag (Airtractor 301). Aug 2000. but I had a week that month that I flew 67 hours! Thats alot of back-n-forths across the cotton fields!

bell47 said:
Over 150 in a month flying Ag (Airtractor 301). Aug 2000. but I had a week that month that I flew 67 hours! Thats alot of back-n-forths across the cotton fields!

You and S2R are makin' me want to climb back in a Air Tractor... STOP THAT!!!

bell47 said:

The crazy part would be figuring out how many turns that is. Kind of makes your arm turn to jello just thinking about it. Thank God for racetrack pattern.

Latest resources

Back