Most comfortable pitot shirts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyboyPhil said:
Any tips to combat ring around the collar? usually get rid of my shirts before they are worn out due to that. I wash them at home.. not drycleaning..

Phil, Phil, Phil. This is not home economics. We do not discus laundry and cleaners here. Please edit you post to include a BBQ theme or at least get a good woman to do your washing and mending. If you need to ask the questions, take your shirts to China Town and give them to Mr. Lee. He will starch them for ya.

Thanks...........
Bandit110

[/QUOTE] I like the Oxford shirts best. Breathable, yet strong and look good with light starch and ironing.
Starch and ironing WTf?

WASH AND WEAR ALL THE WAY.........

pull em out of the dryer damp and button them up and hang em they'll look as good as anyone elses..... and they'll be ready to fold when completely dry. Pull the folded ones out of you suitcase and hang em in the bathroom when you shower on your overnight and they're good to go too.

I guess it will count on the quality of the material too....... I found a heck of a deal a few years ago at the Outer Marker in YYZ with the exchange rate then they came out to about $10 bucks each and they have held up great for several years now. The tag inside says "GOLD STAR" 65% poly and 35% cotton....... I dont think the exchange rate is that great now but I'm planning to replace these at the same place next time I layover there even if they cost $20 now. I think the Outer marker has a website for mail orders. They are located on very short final for 24R next door to a place called the Landing Strip full of local talent......... all in all a very good aviation related field trip :)
My 2 cents of rambling on with out giving the shirt off my back............. (sorry for the bad humor, it was an early report this morning)

iT's all in the undershirt. Hanes and Fruit of the loom. When the outer shirt gets dirty just take it off and save it for tomorrow. At the end of the day it's theT shirt: that's what you end up wearing anyway. When the pits turn brown add a cup of bleach to the wash and keep on truckin.'

Pants: JC Pennies. You don't usually ever have to wash these. Just Brush the lint off with an old tooth brush. Don't have one? Ask the hotel desk. They usually have new one's that 'il make your gums bleed. Gums bleed? Try flossing. Don't have floss? The hotel won't help you here but you can floss with the threads that fall off your fancy shirt. 'Good luck.

crashpad said:
With a boardname like 'flyboyphil', you'd think this kinda stuff would come naturally.
hahahaha...you guys crack me up :D

YGBSM said:
I think Sporty's has pitot shirts, but I'm pretty sure most people just use covers.
The "pitot shirts" are right next to the "Mile High Club" pins in the catalog. . .
I can see it now.. . . . (cue the music) TROJAN MAN!!! Pitot covers. . . for those long "Lay" overs. . . .
"My job is done here". . .

I agree on the JC Penney slacks by Hagger....... get em on sale for lessthan $30 and they are a very close match to the airline dark blue.
Hey rotor head don't knock a fellow rc heli flyer...... I'm a highly abused express pilot.

Last edited:
I've found the most comfortable shirts are ones that other pilots throw away, and these are easy to pick outa the trash can at the crash pad. Some of the major guys at our crash pad leave their shirts hanging in the closet, so I usually score 1-2 a month there. So, I got that going for me...

Captzaahlie said:
Starch and ironing WTf?

WASH AND WEAR ALL THE WAY.........

Yeah, starch and ironing. Often times I'll bring my shirts to the cleaners to have them done right. $1 each, can't beat that. Yeah yeah yeah, we're too poor to afford cleaning. I don't know, I figure even though I make crap wages I don't have to look like it too.

Dry cleaned pants/jacket, $8. Cleaned and starched shirts, $1. Always. Iron everyday. I'm not going to get caught looking like a total dirtbag in a uniform, no way. I even have wiped my rollaboard clean a few times after getting salt and grime on it in the wintertime, in addition to shining my shoes once a month or so. What can I say! :D

FlyboyPhil said:
Any tips to combat ring around the collar? usually get rid of my shirts before they are worn out due to that. I wash them at home.. not drycleaning..

StainStick. Like a 1.5 inch diameter gluestick. Just hit the collar after your trip, and it's good to go. Also, if you're an idiot, like myself, and continually try to put your pen in your pocket prior to retracting the ball, it fixes that too.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back