• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Most comfortable pitot shirts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think Sporty's has pitot shirts, but I'm pretty sure most people just use covers.

YGBSM said:
I think Sporty's has pitot shirts, but I'm pretty sure most people just use covers.
hahaha...I hear ya man! I got the plane all tied down once and forgot to do some cyphering in the "flight log". Since it was later in the year and the sun had just gone down, I had to hit the master to get the cockpit lights to come on. I'm back up in the cockpit writing away in the flight log and next thing you know, I'm smelling the smell of burning plastic. Needless to say...my pitot shirt had survived the ordeal, but my pitot covers were super glued on. Dohhhhh!

I tried the Landerwood shirts and wasn't impressed at all. If you hold them up to anything white, they actually have a light pink tinge. And this was before washing them, so no, I didn't mix red socks into my white laundry.

English said:
I tried the Landerwood shirts and wasn't impressed at all. If you hold them up to anything white, they actually have a light pink tinge. And this was before washing them, so no, I didn't mix red socks into my white laundry.
The jury is still out on them with me. I have bought two of the short sleeve and two of the long sleeve Landerwood shirts. I'm happy with them, but there are still some things I'm not happy with. Mainly, the collars...they seem to take up an odd crease in them. Could be my imagination?

I have used M&H for several years now and have had no problems. I think the UAL pilots used to wear them(maybe they still do), but anyway, good shirts. 800-888-9927. Good luck.

Fly

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back