Most comfortable pilot shirt?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

The Saint

Hey just a quick survey of shirts guys like. I find the Vanheusen shirts to be uncomfortable, the collars scrape the neck. Anyway need something to complain about!

My company bought these shirts for me:

http://www.crewgear.com/default.asp?WCI=Product&WCE=LEAOS15SS

I'm not a huge fan of the button down collar, since I tend to take off my tie when waiting for the passengers in FBOs. But I like the oxford material that they're made with. It's soft and comfortable in the summer, but heavy enough for winter wear as well. At first I thought I wouldn't like the sunglasses pocket on the left pocket, but it's really convenient to put business cards, receipts, etc. in (I have yet to use it for sunglasses).

I have three Van Heusen Commander shirts and two of the Landerwood shirts. While the Commanders are good, the Landerwood is much better fitting, more comfortable and more durable. They just feel like they will last twice as long as the others.

I understand if you get a job at SWA flying naked occassionly in your "hair shirt" is an option. I'm not sure my other crew members would be thrilled at the sight, but I guess it sure would get rid of that tie chafing my neck. If other pilots are still regularly doing that I might suggest a towel to throw on the seat before you start the trip.

Pilot House makes a great shirt. Tapered and comfy. A little expensive but I've been wearing them for years and swear by them.

jimcav said:
Pilot House makes a great shirt. Tapered and comfy. A little expensive but I've been wearing them for years and swear by them.

Amen..... I started wearing Pilot House shirts last year and thought that I would never go back to wearing anything else again. Unfortunately, I don't think they make them in Blue!! :D

Latest resources

Back