Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
John Pennekamp said:
No, his last name is Dudley.

Yes, my 6 month FO probably has more experience flying the line than Biscuit. But the procedure works great in the sim! And the sim ALWAYS flys just like the airplane!

Just put a doghnut on the failed engine power lever and he will identify the failed engine everytime.

Flex81 said:
BTW, my vote is for the E-120 cause it is harder than the 1900. "change power...trim rudder" over and over again

The trim thing was goofy, but you forgot about it after a minute b/c you were so used to it. The Beech could definately carry alot more ice-advocated or not you're likely to see it in the 'turbopropause' portion of the atmosphere. I thought the ice equipment worked better than the 1900-but I always felt like it had too. The airplane started losing a/s in ice way before a 1900 would. Can't believe no one's mentioned the Brasilia's slightly overenginered flap system, or it's well thought out QRH. Engine's burning, go ahead crank that APU, turn page, oh caution you might want to determine which engine is burning b/c you might feed the fire. Almost forgot, basically the same radar as a 1900 but big difference in display if the radome is wet on a Brasilia. I thought it flew nicely outside of icing and landed much easier and more consistently than the 1900 at both flap settings. Had a few issues with the nws from time to time, but none were worse than a 1900 with one prop in reverse and one at flight idle due a screwy low pitch stop.

J32 hands down has got to be the winner. Only plane I've ever flown that would try and roll over if you let go of it. That was fun for 10 legs a day, no autopilot, no yaw damper, no electric trim, no bathroom, and no coffee!

Can't believe no one's mentioned the Brasilia's slightly overenginered flap system.

i agree. more than once i got to do a no flap landing

bacardi said:
Can't believe no one's mentioned the Brasilia's slightly overenginered flap system.
This is what happens when a bunch of furloughed Boeing engineers go to Brazil and start drinking caipirinhas.
:beer:

E-120 wins!

Any airplane with one generator for every 6 passengers must be a bugger. I always worried about a real v1 cut at the end of a long duty day, at night, in the weather. In the sim they gave everyone a free try on the pro check. Flap misconfigs were common and the rudder required constant attention. EEC's kicked off out of the blue and props killed a many a good crews and passenger. Other than that she was a tough bird and performed well. Short approaches were a blast. I loved the bird but as with all sport cars I knew she demanded respect. The training department was on speed by the way. When I was in training in 2000 one of the Airline publications listed the ASA E120 program as the hardest 121 training course in the USA.

Copydat said:
Any airplane with one generator for every 6 passengers must be a bugger.

LOL, studying for E120 school next month and I was blown way, 5 generators!? WTF for? 3 ways to extend the gear? 15 individual deice boots? Still staring at the prop schematic, still haven't figured it out. What would have been so worng with using a big-ass spring like every other prop system on the planet?

Flown 'em all. The J32/J31 is the clear winner. Brasilia, tough but as soon as you said "stable at cruise" you lost the fight. The J32 wasn't even stable in cruise. The only time a J32 was stable was sitting at the gate. I'll never be so good a pilot as that again.

Cardinal said:
LOL, studying for E120 school next month and I was blown way, 5 generators!? WTF for? 3 ways to extend the gear? 15 individual deice boots? Still staring at the prop schematic, still haven't figured it out. What would have been so worng with using a big-ass spring like every other prop system on the planet?

Be glad it's got 3 ways of dropping the gear, I had to use all of them!

I give it to the Jetstream by far

No way the Dash-8, you can get so far behind that thing and be okay.... The metro works yes but not the best in all conditions like the dash.... Don't know about the 1900 but i'm sure it's a solid contender.. The jetstream thought be aware all the time because when it decides to bite it will bite hard................

Latest resources

Back