• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Most Challenging Regional Aircraft??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NWS steering on the Metro was jacked up. We (SKYW) didn't have the tiller that some had. We had the park button. What was it? Seven seconds to warm up to 70 (?) degrees of nose wheel steering? Had to turn it off on takeoff and landing to avoid hard overs. Great fun in a crosswind. Let's not fix the problem. Let's leave it to the pilots to deal with. A friend of mine had a hard over on landing in LAX on 6L and managed to split the runway and taxiway lights getting off one of the highspeeds. He said he didn't realize how much noise glass would make going through the props. You got pretty good at parking the plane just by slowly pressing and releasing the park button just enough to give you the desired amount of NWS to get the turn done.

AF :cool:

This song ranks right up there with the colgan song. Top two posts of 2006. I think I'm going to have to go with the JetStream song.

BenderGonzales said:

To the tune of Gilligan's Island:

Just sit right back and you'll hear the tale
Of a typical Jetstream trip
(We) Stuff nineteen paying passengers
Aboard our tiny ship.
A-board our ti-ny ship!
In the tune of Jingle Bells
Prop2Jet said:
MEL... MEL... Jingle all the Way, DING DING DING high oil temp send out resumes. hey!... MEL... MEL... MEL it all, did not see it did not hear it da kremlin is on its way hey! DMI it, CDL it who give a shhit about it, fly part 91 da kremlin is on it way hey! Ferry Permit, TDY it, you will not get paid fly this piece of swedish trash and please make sure you don't crasssssshhhhhh! Hey!

My vote is for the Avro!

Engine failures suck...sometimes you don't even know you've had one! Don't get me started on the go arounds...having to push TOGA buttons!!! For crying out loud if your going to automate something...automate it BA!;)

CopilotDoug said:
The Saab can be a real bear to fly with the GPU still hooked up at V1...

In all seriousness, what is the deal with the F'ed up nosewheel steering system on the San Antonio Sewer Tube? Can someone please explain that?

Airplane has the dubious honor of having the most runway "departures" of any airframe in history. Anyone who flew it will tell you it is more or less like driving drunk in a wheelbarrow at 70 MPH and expecting to be able to turn when you want to do so................. I hauled freight around the upper midwest in that thing for 2 years and it most likely took 10 year off my life.

[quote="GO AROUND"The bad rep the 120 got was from prop, and prop control system, both made by Ham Standard I believe, that caused the most well know accidents on the 120.[/quote]

Hmmmm, and look who designed the Temperature Controllers on the CRJ200...

My vote goes to the J31/32. Someone asked earlier if the 41 was as difficult. No, the 41 would trim, had an autopilot and flight director that wouldn't lie and would provide nice landings once you knew the a/c.

-PB

FmrFreightDog said:
Airplane has the dubious honor of having the most runway "departures" of any airframe in history. Anyone who flew it will tell you it is more or less like driving drunk in a wheelbarrow at 70 MPH and expecting to be able to turn when you want to do so................. I hauled freight around the upper midwest in that thing for 2 years and it most likely took 10 year off my life.

Totally agree........................I flew it for 5 1/2 years, two as PIC, and have the grey hair to prove it.

AF :cool:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back