• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More US Air recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really??? I think after all you guys and gals have been through over there,you would have bigger fish to fry than what call sign you use on the radio. If it makes you feel any better, we aren't exactly thrilled with having our airplanes painted up in USAirways colors,either. "CACTUS" ...deal with it!!! Sheesh...:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

I can deal with it,the question is can you?

You really want 'em saying "Cactuses"?

Not sure "cactus" makes much sense really (especially int'l) but I'm all for keeping culture from both sides.

It will probably sensibly change to USAir at some point. Management is trying to avoid requiring too much adaptation from the West people right away.

Clearly, calling a USAirways livery jet "Cactus," makes no sense at all and won't last.

Interestingly, it does however create the mental image/reminder that we will be dealing with some real "pricks" shortly.

Last edited:
Why are pilots so dumb as to think that our call sign means anything. Again there are several inter. carriers that do not use the airlines name for there call sign. I.E. BA "Speed bird" they seem to get along ok!

Who cares who bought who, or call signs. Geez. Guys. Let's make this thing work behaving like professionals.

It will probably sensibly change to USAir at some point. Management is trying to avoid requiring too much adaptation from the West people right away.

Clearly, calling a USAirways livery jet "Cactus," makes no sense at all and won't last.

Interestingly, it does however create the mental image/reminder that we will be dealing with some real "pricks" shortly.

I think both sides are dealing with one big prick at the moment.

It absolutely cracks me up on what strong opinions people have about this...

As a "cactus" pilot I am happy we are keeping it..But so the f what if we didn't? I am not going to get paid one dime more one way or the other.

I can deal with it,the question is can you?

Better than you and your's can. I'm getting real tired of hearing about lost pensions,the lack of money, the onerious work rules,etc. etc. etc especially since most of us out here never had any of that to begin with.And don't forget this little gem one of your boys decided to share with me as we both jumpseated to work on the same Air Wisconsin flight this past Monday morning. "You know,I'm going to have a hard time if I'm going to have to spend the rest of my career jerking gear for some 35 year old America West Captain" This was overheard by a senior USAir Flight Attendent who rode in on the same flight as us. She was so offended by this guys statement that she later apologized to me for his actions and told me so. So no Bubba, Ii'm not having a problem dealing with any of this. But you and your boys certainly are.

Last edited:
Better than you and your's can. I'm getting real tired of hearing about lost pensions,the lack of money, the onerious work rules,etc. etc. etc especially since most of us out here never had any of that to begin with.And don't forget this little gem one of your boys decided to share with me as we both jumpseated to work on the same Air Wisconsin flight this past Monday morning. "You know,I'm going to have a hard time if I'm going to have to spend the rest of my career jerking gear for some 35 year old America West Captain" This was overheard by a senior USAir Flight Attendent who rode in on the same flight as us. She was so offended by this guys statement that she later apologized to me for his actions and told me so. So no Bubba, Ii'm not having a problem dealing with any of this. But you and your boys certainly are.

I have no problem jerking gear for anyone as long as they respect me and are a decent human being and a good pilot. You see,this is just a job,a way to pay bills. I don't have to prove anything anymore,been there done all that whether in the military or the civilian sector. I am moving toward my golden years and am looking forward to flying part 121 again and I don't care if he or she is former AWA. You seem to take everything in a defensive tone,kinda like you have a huge chip on your shoulder. I would suspect you are about 30 something and full of piss and vinegar. Try to calm down,life is very short,enjoy the ride while you still can my friend.

Latest resources

Back