More US Air recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
just remember ... call sign is now... CACTUS

I guess that call sign is better than a sharp stick in the eye. When I flew in the military, B-52's from Barksdale would use the call sign "Doom". Now there's a great call sign to be flying around with.

Still though, I think the call sign should remain USAir,just makes more sense since the name of the company is US Airways.

There are alot of airlines that use call signs that are not the company name.
i.e. BA uses speedbird, Airtran Citrus etc.

Still though, I think the call sign should remain USAir,just makes more sense since the name of the company is US Airways.
My opinions: a two syllable callsign is better than three. Plus, anything that eliminates the pilots who say "US Airs" is well worth it.

My opinions: a two syllable callsign is better than three. Plus, anything that eliminates the pilots who say "US Airs" is well worth it.

That would be all the ex Piedmont types that say that. There was a world of difference in cultures when USAir bought Piedmont. It was quite an experience to fly with them. Depending on your crew,either northern division or southern division, had to say the politically correct things during the trips on the 727 as an engineer. The Piedmont guys were great fun to be with,the USAir guys were very stiff shirt for the most part. Both though were very good sticks. I believe this merger will go much smoother,will not have to re-live the civil war all over again!

Looking forward to flying with all you surfer dudes,hang ten!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wish Airways would start hiring off the street.....Everytime I tell him it's my outfit of choice (my father, who flies for US Airways), gives me a look that could kill.........

That would be all the ex Piedmont types that say that. There was a world of difference in cultures when USAir bought Piedmont. It was quite an experience to fly with them. Depending on your crew,either northern division or southern division, had to say the politically correct things during the trips on the 727 as an engineer. The Piedmont guys were great fun to be with,the USAir guys were very stiff shirt for the most part. Both though were very good sticks. I believe this merger will go much smoother,will not have to re-live the civil war all over again!

Wanna bet....????

PHXFLYR:cool:

I guess that call sign is better than a sharp stick in the eye. When I flew in the military, B-52's from Barksdale would use the call sign "Doom". Now there's a great call sign to be flying around with.

Really??? I think after all you guys and gals have been through over there,you would have bigger fish to fry than what call sign you use on the radio. If it makes you feel any better, we aren't exactly thrilled with having our airplanes painted up in USAirways colors,either. "CACTUS" ...deal with it!!! Sheesh...:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
I think us AWA guys are the ones that are going to have to be "dealing with it." We are getting screwed at every turn. After we lose our seniority the final slap in the face will be switching to the Us Air callsign. At least when the Cactus call sign is gone it will give the U-Turn guys something to bitch about for a few more months.....

I feel bad for the ex TWA guys/gals who will get screwed twice. Once as the acquired carrier and then again when they are part of the acquiring carrier.

Latest resources

Back