Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotmiketx

Registerd User
Did anyone get caught in the SNAFU at TEB on Friday? So here's the situation: Departures are moving smoothly even though only 6/24 is open. So our pax are 30 minutes late, at which time ATC shuts down west gate departures. Lovely. I'm now listening to ground "Thanks for calling, I'll get to you when it's your turn." The ATIS is updated to say "Call ground prior to engine start." Now I hear ground tell a couple of guys to return to clearance for a severe weather reroute (which after a little research I found was due to some moderate turbulence that we never encountered.)

Now it's my turn, I call ground ready to start engines. Ground tells me to go to clearance for my reroute. So I ask clearance for my reroute--he doesn't have them from center yet. So we wait. 10, 15, 20 minutes go by. Meanwhile, I hear several other aircraft get clearances that are pretty similar to ours. 25 minutes later, I bug the clearance guy again and now he has this to say: "Ah, it looks like your clearance hasn't changed, contact ground."
Me: "Thanks a bunch."
Him: "Your welcome, sir." I think the sarcasm escaped him.

So back to ground I go to get in line for the now 15 minute taxi delay. Eventually we got the hell out of that craphole after 45 minutes. I know the place gets busy, but that whole reroute BS was nothing but a friggin waste of time.

The ironic thing is, the ROFs (rich, old, f*ckers) in the back think they're saving time by going there. If we went to Stuart, with the money we saved on fuel, they could take a helicopter to Manhattan.

Did you exceed 8 hours of flight time?

We're you unable to show 9 or 10 hours of rest in the previous 24 hours?

What's your baggage?

What's the pay and QOL?:laugh:

-I have too much free time.:smash: :beer:

SPBRIAN said:
What's the pay and QOL?:laugh:

-I have too much free time.:smash: :beer:
I hear ya...I dint mean to pee in pilotmx guys corn flakes, but I did. Hahahahah...
:nuts:

Yeah, that place sucks. Several months ago it took us 2:15 (that's 2hrs, 15min) from initial call-up to the "position and hold" clearance. 1:30 of that was waiting to leave the chocks.

This is normal ops at teterhole get used to it. If you leave between 1:00pm and 9:00pm on anyday that there is a cloud within a 250 mile radius, this is normal ops.

pilotmiketx said:
Did anyone get caught in the SNAFU at TEB on Friday? So here's the situation: Departures are moving smoothly even though only 6/24 is open. So our pax are 30 minutes late, at which time ATC shuts down west gate departures. Lovely. I'm now listening to ground "Thanks for calling, I'll get to you when it's your turn." The ATIS is updated to say "Call ground prior to engine start." Now I hear ground tell a couple of guys to return to clearance for a severe weather reroute (which after a little research I found was due to some moderate turbulence that we never encountered.)

Now it's my turn, I call ground ready to start engines. Ground tells me to go to clearance for my reroute. So I ask clearance for my reroute--he doesn't have them from center yet. So we wait. 10, 15, 20 minutes go by. Meanwhile, I hear several other aircraft get clearances that are pretty similar to ours. 25 minutes later, I bug the clearance guy again and now he has this to say: "Ah, it looks like your clearance hasn't changed, contact ground."
Me: "Thanks a bunch."
Him: "Your welcome, sir." I think the sarcasm escaped him.

So back to ground I go to get in line for the now 15 minute taxi delay. Eventually we got the hell out of that craphole after 45 minutes. I know the place gets busy, but that whole reroute BS was nothing but a friggin waste of time.

The ironic thing is, the ROFs (rich, old, f*ckers) in the back think they're saving time by going there. If we went to Stuart, with the money we saved on fuel, they could take a helicopter to Manhattan.

Stop your whining you little pansy!! Those fuc*in controllers are the best in the world in the Northeast!! ANywhere else the delay would have been five hours.. Have some balls next time and instead of whining on a message board turn around to your passenger and say " Mr. Greensteinbaumwitzman next time dont be a half hour late "

as214 said:
Stop your whining you little pansy!! Those fuc*in controllers are the best in the world in the Northeast!! ANywhere else the delay would have been five hours.. Have some balls next time and instead of whining on a message board turn around to your passenger and say " Mr. Greensteinbaumwitzman next time dont be a half hour late "

I wasn't bitching about the delay, I was bitching about the UNNECCESSARY delay of waiting 20 minutes for a reroute that never materialized. Yeah, that's some great ATC shiit there. Probably not anybody's fault at TEB, but more likely some geek at flow control.

Oh, yeah, I'll give you $20 if you tell your passengers to show up on time. Make it $20 in food stamps, you'll need it. The last time I checked I worked for them.

Last edited:
wow, this thread is like a train wreck :p

Latest resources

Back