• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Questions for NetJet Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm missing something here. With the company card do you only get 40,000 FF miles a year and no more from your charges? I guess on the other hand you're not going to be charging $3333+ a month unless you do a lot of rental cars or something so maybe 40,000 isn't such a bad deal.

Is there an average amount you'll put on the card per month or does it vary widely?

I figure about 1500.00 a 7 day tour on my own card. 3000.00 a month in expenses. About 7000 HHonors points a tour on amex. Add another 500 for every hilton stay on my diamond card.

160k (would be more butwith vacations and sick time) on my own card. Add another 50k of hilton points on the diamond card.

This is all pretty rough. I don't feel like going through my portfolio for the year.

Remember if you can't float them the money for a week or two then this isn't a good idea.

That's why i pay off my card. I float the company. Like I said you want to make sure that you are able to financially handle it. If you can't then you should go with the company credit card.

Like i said i'm a whore for points

gunfyter said:
5 points on $20K in charges is 100,000 points... enough for maybe 3 nights in a Hilton.
Looking at my Hilton and USAir statements for Oct-Dec:
Hilton 45,000 points
USAir 32,000 points (VISA)

161,000 HH/yr
+
approx 130,000 USair points/year

I'm getting almost as many points per quarter as you get per year on the Co card....No way would I trade 130,000 for 40,000.

gunfyter said:
Plus it cost me $5 to mail my expense report to CMH then $5 to mail my expense check to my bank. Almost as much as those 3 free nights at the Hilton are worth.
$5 dollars to mail a letter?!?!?! Wow .37-.60 cents works for me. And my bank is .5 mile away.

You can expense that $5 for postage. If you use USAA, they will send you postage paid envelopes to deposit those checks.

As a new hire (just over 2yrs ago) my husband had a pilot in his class whose wife worked in the health insurance industry. This pilot had his wife look over both choices--Aetna and the union's plan--and she told him that Aetna was a much better choice. We were sure glad that our family was able to benefit from her advice, especially later when there were problems with the union plan.

My husband looked at the company card and chose not to use it because you can't get as many points. He has built in a financial buffer to cover the time lapse/loan floating problem. It's a personal choice. What matters to you most--the number of points you can earn or the turn around time? Hopefully, they will be going to direct deposit for all expense reports and that will narrow the time gap.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back