• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

regionaltard

seat lock
Read it and weep......

"......Before the strike, union rules specified that only members of the mechanics' union, known as AMFA, could deliver planes to airport gates. But on Saturday, the pilot of a Northwest 757 in Detroit, upon discovering his plane was not ready, hopped into a pickup truck and went to the hangar to fetch his plane, rather than keep crew and passengers waiting, airline officials said....."

regionaltard said:
Read it and weep......

"......Before the strike, union rules specified that only members of the mechanics' union, known as AMFA, could deliver planes to airport gates. But on Saturday, the pilot of a Northwest 757 in Detroit, upon discovering his plane was not ready, hopped into a pickup truck and went to the hangar to fetch his plane, rather than keep crew and passengers waiting, airline officials said....."
IF = = ** IF ** = = that's true, it sounds to me like somebody's doing struck work.

HOWEVER, I would be very careful here - - it could very well be a union-busting tactic in play.

After all, we have the ever-important "airline officials said" working for us here.

So...isn't management gonna come after the pilots for more cuts soon/eventually?

Why would they try to make life easier for the company?

TonyC said:
IF = = ** IF ** = = that's true, it sounds to me like somebody's doing struck work.

HOWEVER, I would be very careful here - - it could very well be a union-busting tactic in play.

After all, we have the ever-important "airline officials said" working for us here.
Is FoxHunter moonlighting for NWA??

The alleged actions of one idiot pilot are inconsequential. What's really distressing is how the equivalent of a mob-style hit on a union was planned, orchestrated, and executed with the complicity of the current Administration.

regionaltard said:
Read it and weep......

But on Saturday, the pilot of a Northwest 757 in Detroit, upon discovering his plane was not ready, hopped into a pickup truck and went to the hangar to fetch his plane, rather than keep crew and passengers waiting, airline officials said....."

Smells like a management pilot.

He did it cause he gets an extra hr of pay, pretty sure its in our contract.I have moved an A/C to the gate before but not for a few yrs.

pilots get an hour of "Taxi" pay when we do this, it happens daily at the outstations. It's not struck work. believe me.

Latest resources

Back