• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More New Hires at FedEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you don't know anyone at Fedex, you have to go out and meet them yourself! I have a buddy that only knew me and one other guy at Fedex. We even looked in the pilot seniority list to see if he might know someone else, with no luck. His background is corporate, so the networking is even tougher.

However, he owns a pretty cool airplane, a Pitts. He found out there was a Fedex pilot in the area, and got an intorduction by someone else at the airport that he kept his plane at. He took him for some flight lessons in the Pitts (gratis of course!) and got the third letter.

I know it is kind of a stretch, and most of you out there don't have planes to try to bribe Fedex pilots into. (And I am sure the company wants the flying together to be from an airline or the military.) But it did count!! The CP loved the fact that he was so proactive in getting that third letter. He got his CP intro, and hopefully an interview soon.

If you want it, you will find a way- try getting in on the Corporate side, try getting on as a Professional Instructor, try tossing some boxes. This industry has two degrees of separation- you MUST know someone that knows someone here. Meet those people!!

Mr Zog said:
The Newburgh pilots landed and stopped safely. Got off the plane and when the fire department in their infinite wisdom decided to open the cargo door and let all that air in, that is when the plane burned to the ground. The crew did an awesome job. Don't know if they were civilian or military? The guy who made the comment about "lawn darts" will never get hired by anyone anyways. Terrible attitude.
Thanks, Mr Zog. I listed our hull losses by way of challenging nightrider's assertion that we were pointing airplanes at the ground because of the lack of civilian experience among our ranks. I doubt he knows any specifics about any of the hull losses, much less about the crew makeup or their experience. I do. His statement was idiotic.

Can't get your foot in the door without connections - how is that different from any other airline that is hiring? FedEx has the luxury of being in a position to have present employees vouch for applicates - how dare they?! It makes much more sense to hire Joe blow off the street because he's got the same identical qualifications as everyone else and was able to fill out a tricky online application.

angry tanker said:
any idea on the planes they will get?

Back to one of the original questions... has anyone heard the official breakdown from yesterday? Just wondering what might be offered next week for our class. Not that I really care, just a bit curious. I am just happy to have my foot in the door.

FedEx1 said:
If you don't know anyone at Fedex, you have to go out and meet them yourself! I have a buddy that only knew me and one other guy at Fedex. We even looked in the pilot seniority list to see if he might know someone else, with no luck. His background is corporate, so the networking is even tougher.

However, he owns a pretty cool airplane, a Pitts. He found out there was a Fedex pilot in the area, and got an intorduction by someone else at the airport that he kept his plane at. He took him for some flight lessons in the Pitts (gratis of course!) and got the third letter.

I know it is kind of a stretch, and most of you out there don't have planes to try to bribe Fedex pilots into. (And I am sure the company wants the flying together to be from an airline or the military.) But it did count!! The CP loved the fact that he was so proactive in getting that third letter. He got his CP intro, and hopefully an interview soon.

If you want it, you will find a way- try getting in on the Corporate side, try getting on as a Professional Instructor, try tossing some boxes. This industry has two degrees of separation- you MUST know someone that knows someone here. Meet those people!!

I think this can be classified as PFT. Management loves PFT.

skykid said:
Where'd you get your 737 type?

I didn't say I didn't do PFT, just wanted to point it out when I saw it. I'm definitely not throwing rocks.

I think the more appropriate term is PFI (Pay For Interview)

BTW, the above was tongue in cheek. I think the individual who gave free lessons just managed to find a novel way around the rules. If you can do so without cheating more power to you. That shows initiative and drive. Folks in hiring love it when you show commitment and, besides, it makes their job more interesting.

Last edited:
Roger, I'm not throwing rocks either, interviews are expensive. If I was doing a FedEx interview, I'd guess it would cost around $3000 to $4000 to get prepped. Interview prep, sim time, hotel and airline costs. Better to spend the money.

Osmosis said:
Back to one of the original questions... has anyone heard the official breakdown from yesterday? Just wondering what might be offered next week for our class. Not that I really care, just a bit curious. I am just happy to have my foot in the door.

All 15 went to the panel of the Boeing.........they won't be there for long after the next "big bid" comes out this summer.

Latest resources

Back