More NetJets Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
j328ca said:
Yeah, I was kind of thinking that PDK was a bit far. Too bad that the whole gateway thing isnt 100 miles or 3 hours whichever is greater.

I think you may realize this already, but if not, you could live in Pensacola and still use MSY as your gateway. You would need to be in a position by midnight (0001) of your first day of duty to meet the 100-mile/3-hour rule. Some pilots drive to their gateway and get a hotel room. Yes, it does cost (especially if you sit in the bullpen and don't fly for a few days) but it is one way to meet the rule and still live in Pensacola.

j328ca said:
Too bad that the whole gateway thing isnt 100 miles or 3 hours whichever is greater.
The 3 hour limit came from the original wording. It was placed there to keep people from taking advantage of the 100 mile rule. For example, someone gatewayed out of MDW, but lives on the other side of the lake. Still within 100 miles, but MUCH farther to drive. Same for living on Long Island and based at say BDL.

NJA Questions

Hey some Pensacola, Fl...guys use MSY as a gateway...from what I have been told no big issues with it...good luck on the interview.

TurboJetCpt said:
That would be a big NEGATIVE ! PDK is SIX hours away by car...MSY is 3 hours away.

I wasn't offering advice, only advising that I have personally flown with AT LEAST two guys from Pensacola when I was gateway'd at PDK.

HD

Latest resources

Back