• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Netjets questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank you FLYLOW22. That is exactly what I was looking for. Another question. Say you live in Chicago..do they try to find you a trip that starts in Chicago on your first day to prevent them from having to buy you a ticket somewhere to get to your airplane or don't they care.

Rarely do I ever start a trip out of my base. 90% of the time I airline into position on Day 1. Maybe preflight a jet on Day 1. Sometimes I even fly 1 empty leg to set up for Day 2.

Very manageable.

Will you generally keep the same aircraft throughout the week, or will you be "airlined" several times during your trip?

Will you generally keep the same aircraft throughout the week, or will you be "airlined" several times during your trip?

Always exceptions, but generally I'll keep my plane for the week, barring maintenance issues. The ideal tour has no airlining!

As a rule count on keeping the same plane, but the intangibles like maintenance and scheduling can throw curves at that plan.

I average two planes on a 7day tour. Have been 7/7 for the better part of six years. It seems to be the odd tour to keep the same bird for 7 and just as odd to airline more than twice during a tour (not counting your start/go home flights), but that may be fleet dependent also.

Are you fully typed in the A/C as a new hire or just SIC typed?

Fully typed, but you only act in the role as SIC until you upgrade.

Only if you have a jerk for a PIC. To be more correct, you only get SIC pay until you fully upgrade.

SICs are welcome to do PIC duties on my planes any day.

Only if you have a jerk for a PIC. To be more correct, you only get SIC pay until you fully upgrade.

SICs are welcome to do PIC duties on my planes any day.

SICs can do anything I can do as PIC. It helps, however, to divide the duties and meet in the middle at the end of the preflight.

The difference in title (PIC/SIC) just helps the Chief Pilot determine who to call 1st (Ultra C.P. is THE best Chief Pilot we have BTW) when the fit hits the shan.

SICs need to meet the experience requirements in the FOM (and get the nod from the PIC) to fly with pax on board. It's not a big deal and the pay is the same regardless of who flies.

In the end, if the Owner is happy, everyone is happy. They are paying for polish, not basic FAA competency. Check rides get a new SIC legal. Line flying with supportive PICs gets a new SIC polished.

There was such an emphasis in my 121 past of just getting current and passing the check ride. Passing a type ride as an SIC here is just the beginning of the process, the required official one from FAA.

There is SO MUCH MORE to learn on the line... and it's fun to learn it.

Latest resources

Back