• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Netjets questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not to hijack the thread but how does reserve work at NetJets? Do you sit in your base til you get called and then they put you on a plane? No doubt you guys are lucky to have your medical insurance paid and that is how it should be.

Not to hijack the thread but how does reserve work at NetJets? Do you sit in your base til you get called and then they put you on a plane? No doubt you guys are lucky to have your medical insurance paid and that is how it should be.

We don't technically have a schedule even called "reserve" anymore.

7n7 , 15 Day FLEX or the 18 Day Fixed schedule are your options determined by seniority.

More days worked means more money, there is no real dollar premium. Seniority buys you the ability to work more (for sure) at the daily rate rather than trying to get extended days (at 1.5Xs the daily rate) and getting chosen to get those days... maybe.

Anyone, on any schedule might sit around the house on day 1 or the hotel on day 5 whenever just because. There might be no good airplane around, not another pilot, no demand or no demand in your "area".

The short answer is that there NO reserve at NetJets, not as you know it in 121.

15 Day FLEX is probably the closest thing to it but even then it has some nice work rules attached to it making it doable like:

Max of 5 days out at a time and if used for even one day, 3 off minimum.

Remember, there is no required commute at NetJets. If you chose to live in Nome, AK then rock on. You will have a self imposed commute. Otherwise, 3 days off is 3 days off. So is 7.

Thank you FLYLOW22. That is exactly what I was looking for. Another question. Say you live in Chicago..do they try to find you a trip that starts in Chicago on your first day to prevent them from having to buy you a ticket somewhere to get to your airplane or don't they care.

Thank you FLYLOW22. That is exactly what I was looking for. Another question. Say you live in Chicago..do they try to find you a trip that starts in Chicago on your first day to prevent them from having to buy you a ticket somewhere to get to your airplane or don't they care.

They don't care, it is where ever they need you! I live in Ft. Worth, rarely do I have an airplane in the DFW area to begin a trip. In fact, tomorrow morning I will airline from DFW to Toronto to pickup an airplane. Logistically, unless the planets align correctly, you will likely be airlining somewhere! Of course it all depends on the fleet as well.

Scam

Insurance?
At my 121 job, I pay 70 a month, but I had to have 4 root canals and the insurance only payed $1,000. Total out of MY Pocket was $8,750.

Would netjets pay for the whole amount?

p.s. I just ate 2 month old packaged tuna

Dental insurance is basically a scam, especially if you're paying $70/month.

There's usually a $1000 - $1500 max per year that the insurer will pay, and you still have to pay 40 - 50% of the procedure. So if between you and the employer, the ins company collects a yearly premium of almost their total nut, and x% of people don't have any work done except for cleaning/preventive - they make money hand over fist...

There are very few employers that have a plan not matching the above, except that your premium is WAY to high.

15 Day FLEX is probably the closest thing to it but even then it has some nice work rules attached to it making it doable like:

Max of 5 days out at a time and if used for even one day, 3 off minimum.

This went really junior by the way (at least on the Ultra). I'm an October 2007 new-hire and was awarded the 15 day flex. Looking forward to it.

This went really junior by the way (at least on the Ultra). I'm an October 2007 new-hire and was awarded the 15 day flex. Looking forward to it.

Depends on the fleet. I am sure there will be some good "angles" discovered by many that may make the 15 day more desirable by the more gray-haired of the group. Never know...

Latest resources

Back