• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More mooning pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So when did it become illegal to go out for dinner and have a couple drinks...then.walk home?

Ok so his butt was showing. Should someone lose their job and maybe career for this?

He didn't get into a car. He wasn't driving drunk. They didn't break the non reglatory 12 hr drinking rule. So big deal. Can't the cops go find some criminal to catch or a terrorist or two?

Can't the cops go find some criminal to catch or a terrorist or two?

Indecent exposure and public intoxication are against the law in Tennessee(ie, criminal activity).

The suspect admitted that he was a United Airlines flight crew member to the officer, so thats how that was made public.

idiot

35off. First you blame the company for these guys screwing up. Then you blame the Captain for the FO's situation. I just wonder if anything bad has ever happened in your life that you actually take responsibility for?

How did you come to these conclusions? You must be a complete idiot... First, the company thing was obviously a joke. Second, the statement to get away from a bad situation was directed to anybody around or in a bad situation. Maybe you should reread my earlier statement more slowly. I still think that is good advice for anyone, anywhere, any career.

As far as me taking responsibility for things, how would you draw that from that posting? I really don't see it.

Also, aren't you a go jet pilot anyway? That would expain alot.

I'm glad I live in NYC. You can get away with so much more.

This would have been nothing but a slap on the wrist, if that. Maybe a DAT (Desk Appearance Ticket - no arrrest) which might lead to the DA throwing it out or having you do a day or two of community service. Afterwards, it would just be expunged from your records.

It really is bad luck that these boys got caught after a few beers. What these guys did was hardly an egregious act.

Let's hope they dont lose their jobs over something stupid. This would have been a non-event had it not been for his company finding out. That makes it harder for them to retain them as employees as the media has sunk their teeth into this story.

So when did it become illegal to go out for dinner and have a couple drinks...then.walk home?

Ok so his butt was showing. Should someone lose their job and maybe career for this?

He didn't get into a car. He wasn't driving drunk. They didn't break the non reglatory 12 hr drinking rule. So big deal. Can't the cops go find some criminal to catch or a terrorist or two?

Indecent exposure and public intoxication are against the law in Tennessee(ie, criminal activity).

The suspect admitted that he was a United Airlines flight crew member to the officer, so thats how that was made public.

Ok, So how do you go from the restaurant to the hotel after a couple drinks? You can't drive back, or walk back for that matter. Then why do they even serve alcohol in restaurants? Two drinks then you are over the limit.
This stinks like communism to me!

If the Captain wouldn't have shown his hiney, there would not have been any news story.
The police were called because of the indecent exposure issue, the alcohol was secondary to that, and his beligerant attitude to the police officers did not advance his situation either. Typical pilots conversation, "Because of you, 50 people aren't going to their destination tomorrow", does not win friends and influence people. Most adults are not impressed with pilots any longer.

I guess i am kinda confused as to what is worse...A CEO drinking and Driving, or drinking and walking?
Better yet if a woman was showing her bobies would she get arrested or just handed some beads?

I guess i am kinda confused as to what is worse...A CEO drinking and Driving, or drinking and walking?
Better yet if a woman was showing her bobies would she get arrested or just handed some beads?

And there is still the possibility of FAA certificate action:
§ 61.153 Eligibility requirements: General.

To be eligible for an airline transport pilot certificate, a person must:
(a) ***
(b) ***;
(c) Be of good moral character;

Back about 30 years a go or so, the FAA revoked an ATP certificate because the pilot mooned (from a DC-3) some Boy Scouts that were on a field trip to the airport, citing the above FAR, and it was upheld in court.

Latest resources

Back