more merger speculation from Houston

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General,

Sea is 330 base now. Who nobody is talking about is Gary Wilson. The man knows how to get money and make bunches for his buddies and is a control freak and extremely arrogant. If he decides/decided he wants a deal he will have the money and nwa will be a player/pursuer in consolidation. If he has decided to slow down and divest himself I feel we will be broken up, cargo,pacific and domestic going seperate ways. I think a delta/nwa keeping your name with a doh/relative posistion would in the long run be the best for all of us. The fleet issue won't be as bad as most think. With 68 787s including firm/options that would about cover replacing your small 777 and your ageing 767 fleet, the 400s could be converted to freighters, the 10's are gone in jan, 757s both pratt, don't know how many 737ngs you have but I bet airbus would give a great discount to keep the 320/319s vs the 737s. Dc9s/80s phased out for emb195 and smaller embs anc crjs at compass and other feeders. With dtw & msp in the midwest, atl, slc and either beefing up lax or sea plus our pacific ops it could be a very strong airline with the right leadership. Anyway wtf do we know, we are just along for the ride. Good luck to us all.

General,

Sea is 330 base now. Who nobody is talking about is Gary Wilson. The man knows how to get money and make bunches for his buddies and is a control freak and extremely arrogant. If he decides/decided he wants a deal he will have the money and nwa will be a player/pursuer in consolidation. If he has decided to slow down and divest himself I feel we will be broken up, cargo,pacific and domestic going seperate ways. I think a delta/nwa keeping your name with a doh/relative posistion would in the long run be the best for all of us. The fleet issue won't be as bad as most think. With 68 787s including firm/options that would about cover replacing your small 777 and your ageing 767 fleet, the 400s could be converted to freighters, the 10's are gone in jan, 757s both pratt, don't know how many 737ngs you have but I bet airbus would give a great discount to keep the 320/319s vs the 737s. Dc9s/80s phased out for emb195 and smaller embs anc crjs at compass and other feeders. With dtw & msp in the midwest, atl, slc and either beefing up lax or sea plus our pacific ops it could be a very strong airline with the right leadership. Anyway wtf do we know, we are just along for the ride. Good luck to us all.

I still think DL/NW would be the best for us, since there is very little overlap. We pilots understand your strife over there with your management, but most of our employees are tree huggers that are non union, and they fear you. I don't, but they do. You can understand that I am sure.

Bye Bye--General Lee

All I can say is that it will be an interesting New Year with bidding war over DAL and everybody trying not to be left without a partner.....

Good luck to us all, I am already starting to hear some UAL guys saying that CAL guys should be stapled because of our lack of wide bodies, the venom has started to flow with nothing official being announced. I can't wait.

All I can say is that it will be an interesting New Year with bidding war over DAL and everybody trying not to be left without a partner.....

Good luck to us all, I am already starting to hear some UAL guys saying that CAL guys should be stapled because of our lack of wide bodies, the venom has started to flow with nothing official being announced. I can't wait.

Staple seems unfair. Relative position would be more likely. CAL pilots stay on their narrowbodies and UAL pilots stay on their widebodies. Easy enough.

That is B.S. and you know it!

That is B.S. and you know it!

I didn't mean to offend you but this was told to me by a good friend of mine over there as he was explaining what he has heard by many guys on how they would end up pretty good in a merger because of our lack of widebodies.

I have been called a Kmart pilot and a Hot Dog vendor during my last merger so I don't want to get into name calling I was just stating a fact that mergers are ugly and it is starting get ugly before anything is announced.

Some of my best friends are at UAL and I had the priviledge of flying with alot of furloughees at my last company so I know that it is only a few pilots saying this garbage but it is out there. Its on the CAL side also.

Last edited:
Staple seems unfair. Relative position would be more likely. CAL pilots stay on their narrowbodies and UAL pilots stay on their widebodies. Easy enough.

Relative position would mean one year guys at CAL are about 85% and moving rapidly. I would assume 85% at UAL is much much longer.

Or maybe you mean relative in pay.

Way to cause trouble 800doggie

Latest resources

Back