• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More merger news....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You sound like a disgruntled puke that never made it to a major.

He sounds correct. The East guys are a bunch of wheenies, and YOU know it. They gambled with arbitration and lost. Too bad, soooooo sad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

To bad the UA pilots cannot get rid of Tilton. He will be the complete downfall of UA. It all starts with leadership and for that very fact...I fear that UA will be merged and screw a bunch of the Jr. pilots. Very Scary!

He's a professional CEO. That IS his job. Oil, airline seats, condoms--Tilton doesn't care what his company sells just as long as the stock price stays up and the options keep flowing. TC

Unfortunately it's those kind of CEOs that, in my opinion, were a major cause of the industry pain of the last several years. Buying rental car businesses, hotels, business jet services and whatever else, saps the energy of your primary product. Fixating on mergers drains talent that should be focusing on your routes and product (US/United?). Take care of your own business, customers, and employees and the stock will take care of itself. What have Tilton and his posse done except molest the employees then line their own pockets? Business plan? Ahhhh, don't know.

I'm afraid this nard is going to start an industry consolidation wave that will be very bad for very many. Overcapacity/no pricing power is a myth that Wall Street and management spread in order to drive their own net worth up. Employees pay the price.

They gambled with arbitration and lost.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Holy Crap, for once I agree with the General on something.....

Quick General, tell me "anyone who's ever over-nighted in LBB is a loser" before I add you to my Christmas card list

You sound like a disgruntled puke that never made it to a major.

Nah....if he was a "disgruntled puke" as you so eloquently put it, he would have been hired by USAir years ago and would have been accepted by you guys with open arms !!

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Turtle;
Smarts had nothing to do with it. He was furloughed from the OLD US Air and hired by the good folks at AMERICA WEST AIRLINES (Callsign...CACTUS!). Then our CEO went looking for funding for a possible aquisition of the OLD US Air. Well....you know the rest of the story.

Here's the rub on USAPA.......CHANGING UNION AFFILIATION WILL NOT CHANGE THE AWARD. CHANGING UNION AFFILIATION AND THEN "MERGING" WITH ANOTHER ALPA CARRIER WILL BE A DISASTER FOR EVERYONE AT THE NEW US AIRWAYS. DUH!

Oh,don't confuse ol' Turtle with the fact's now. He's a little, uhm ...how should we say this? ..."slow" on the uptake??
PHXFLYR:cool:

Of course he did.

I didn't mention anything about being righteous, but I find your attitude is increasing common.

I congratulate him on his new job. Yet I don't find it justified to congratulate him on leaping 1,500 pilots forward, ahead of his former classmates that are still flying at USAir.

And by the way if I were in a mind to congratulate him for such, it would be premature since in hasn't happened yet. I never was good at counting chickens before they hatch, so I'll just wait and see what happens.:)

WOW my avatar has created international fame.

With the lack of people accepting recalls I would be surprised if I am more than a few hundred numbers senior to my old east number.

I took a job at AWA because it was the best I could find in late 03 when jobs were few and far between. I like how that gets turned into I did something bad to my east brothers on this site and the ALPA national site.

The arbitrator decided my position so don't take it personal. I brought an active position to the merger. My east number brought the hope of recall and no actual seat at the airline.

If you wish to congratulate me do so by sending a 50 gallon drum of VP 109 unleaded race gas.

I didn't ask you to attempt to justify why he was entitled to leap ahead of his classmates on the Nic list, I merely suggested you ask him how many he jumped.

I appreciate that you feel the need to justify it. You are in good company.

I didn't leap on anyone. My number is based on AWA employment. I am no longer on the East List.

But if you need an exact number it was 1642.

I was placed in a relative seniority position based on active pilots at the list snap shot.

Yes it does suck for the 20 year F/O, but I didn't make the list.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back