More Merger Conjecture

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok... my .02 ......

At a quick glance.... estimate 750 RJ's between between Northwest and Delta... anybody with exact fleet totals??

V1

Pinnacle does have all 200s for NW, but their asa which runs through 2017 is for 124 airplanes. The 200's can be replaced with larger aircraft.

Merger happens, and all the flying will go to the lowest bidders. This should be entertainment at its finest.

I see tons of backstabbing in the future.

Merger happens, and all the flying will go to the lowest bidders. This should be entertainment at its finest.

I see tons of backstabbing in the future.

Which would be different... how?

NWA has dumped a ton of money into compass right now to let it go by the wayside. yes, it's been done before, but i could see nwa dumping more of their 50 seaters (pinnacle) for the larger 900's or 175 than getting rid of compass. yes there is a definite possibility of a fire sale of the wholly owns into a holding company, but i don't think you would see compass go away. plus, if there is any sort of furlough coming from mainline, guess where they are going...

I think its just the opposite is true with Compass. NW has hardly spent a dime on them. There is no company infrastructure and nearly every aspect of the company is built on outsourcing (primarily to NWA) and leases. If ever there were a paper airline its Compass.

My bet on a post merger DCI network looks like this;

- ASA/Skywest will look pretty much the same as now with the possible pullback of some older 50-seaters

- Rebublic will assume operation of the Compass fleet

- Operations of Freedom/Pinnacle/Comair/Mesaba (jet fleet only) will be merged together with a net loss of about 100 50-seaters (including all erj's at Freedom and the older CRJ's in the fleet).

- All turboprops will be allocated to the lowest wage bidder able to do the work (probably Colgan)

- Express jet will continue its experimental cost sharing contract in LA with a review as to its feasibility when the contract expires.

Take it for what its worth.....absolutely nothing.

Mesa goes under, some 50s go away, and a blended NWA/Delta whipsaw mentality whittles pay rates down to "buy one month of rj flying, get one free!"

Word on the RAH homefront is we are going to buy Compass.....and that money is going to be used to fund NW's side of the deal.

Latest resources

Back