Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

V1cutsrfun

Gomerski'
Ok...How many RJ's are currently in service between Northwest Airline as Airlink and Delta as Delta Connection...

Pinnacle
Mesaba
Compass (EMB175 Fleet)
ASA
Skywest
Comair
Republic (EMB170 fleet)
Chataqua
Expressjet
Freedom? (not sure on this one)

Did I miss any?

Now... here's the conjucture... what is the likely combined fleet total needed post merger?

V1

Pinnacle
Mesaba 36 crj 900-17 crj200
Compass (EMB175 Fleet) 36 emb175
ASA
Skywest
Comair
Republic (EMB170 fleet)
Chataqua
Expressjet
Freedom? (not sure on this one)

I don't think there will be enough chairs when the music stops.

Our management at ASA keeps saying there will only be 4 DCI carriers out of the current ones. My guess is:

SkyWest Inc (SkyWest and ASA)
Comair
Republic (and all of its subs)
Pinnacle

I would also guess that Pinnacle and Mesaba will survive on the red tail side. I wouldn't say it looks good for Compass. I see no reason for Delta to continue owning that.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Comair, Mesaba, and Compass are merged into one big carrier then spun off. SkyWest Inc would be the most likely buyer since they have the best cash position.

I would also guess that Pinnacle and Mesaba will survive on the red tail side. I wouldn't say it looks good for Compass. I see no reason for Delta to continue owning that.

Im no expert on this situation, but one would think Pinnacle would be the one to go. They only have 50 seaters on the NWA side and they are loosing a few to Mesaba. I think that Compass would be safe. Arent the E175's supposed to fill the DC9 void as they get parked? Isnt there a flow back program there as well? So wouldnt the DC9 guys wind up at Compass?

NWA has dumped a ton of money into compass right now to let it go by the wayside. yes, it's been done before, but i could see nwa dumping more of their 50 seaters (pinnacle) for the larger 900's or 175 than getting rid of compass. yes there is a definite possibility of a fire sale of the wholly owns into a holding company, but i don't think you would see compass go away. plus, if there is any sort of furlough coming from mainline, guess where they are going...

Im no expert on this situation, but one would think Pinnacle would be the one to go. They only have 50 seaters on the NWA side and they are loosing a few to Mesaba. I think that Compass would be safe. Arent the E175's supposed to fill the DC9 void as they get parked? Isnt there a flow back program there as well? So wouldnt the DC9 guys wind up at Compass?

I think Pinnacle will be ok, but now as much as Mesaba since they're not a wholly owned. That's only true if Pinnacle settles their labor trouble too. I strongly feel that we are lucky we at ASA settled our contract before all of this happened. They certainly would have pulled the plug on us with such an uncertain future.

As for Compass, it would not be the first time a company dumped tons of money into something, then the acquiring company shut it down. Delta will view it as a liability and want to stop the losses. And they made no investment in it, so NWAs investment will be water under the bridge. And it seems Delta management is in the drivers seat with this merger.

NWA has dumped a ton of money into compass right now to let it go by the wayside. yes, it's been done before, but i could see nwa dumping more of their 50 seaters (pinnacle) for the larger 900's or 175 than getting rid of compass. yes there is a definite possibility of a fire sale of the wholly owns into a holding company, but i don't think you would see compass go away. plus, if there is any sort of furlough coming from mainline, guess where they are going...

As I said above, NWA dumped tons of money, not Delta. Shutting it down would only be a paper write off to Delta. It had been done before.

Also, the E175s are already becoming obsolete. They burn a LOT of fuel for an airplane with only 70-90 seats.

Also, the E175s are already becoming obsolete. They burn a LOT of fuel for an airplane with only 70-90 seats.

You speak blasphemy, expect to be corn holed by all the Mercury drivers out there...

Latest resources

Back