• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We set the fares. We set the pace.

bait

jbdc9

don't get too excited...this is an internet board. for all we know swa/fo could be a jetblue flight attendant trying to make swa look bad.

A few assumptions by Boyd. CASM continue to fall at the Legacies, international routes make big bucks, leases get renegotiated, some debt and commitments get washed away and new airplanes are bought to replace the aging fleets.

Legacies might, even with their high lease and interest payments, manage to lower the CASM and contribute to a future SWA loss. But there the exercise by Boyd abruptly ends. How would SWA respond? How would the unions at the legacies respond? Would they ask for pay raises?

I think with industry leading wages for the 737, SWA employees would go for a paycut to help out. Then costs would be "rebalanced" and profitability would return. Labor traditionally fights wage cuts tooth and nail but I think SWA is different....I HOPE SWA will be different, if and when the time comes.

Last edited:
Mr.B said:
....or arrogance.

Mr. B
Ex-UAL

Arrogance? No,No,No Moe Cappyiton! What I stated is fact, not Arrogance. We have been attacked from the very beginning of our exsistance. United even tried there luck at it with the Shuttle and ended up getting spanked out on the West coast! Were you a formidable opponant? You Bet..... What the difference is is that Southwest hires attiutes for every position of the company. Times get tough and the attitudes kick in to high gear. We over come and adapt to the current situation. Management still works with the employee groups to achieve a common goal! We wear many hats, work extra hours/trips etc. Will that continue? Dunno. I hope so and try to instill that attitude with the people I work with. So far its been a good ride.

Latest resources

Back