• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Furloughs at CAL/CALEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah they canned 25% (125) of us. They did it in order to get rid of as many Saab guys on probation as possible to avoid retraining costs later, into the jet. Management said it was needed to save the company. Nice morale booster, huh?

And while it would be logical to re hire all of us, there is no guaruntee.

I don't believe that parking the airplanes is a correct term. My understanding is the first 777's are coming up on heavy checks and the bid reflects a reduction in block hours based on this.

No physical airframes will leave. We should be getting 2 777's still this year in part to cover heavy MX and additional flying.

Management was given a perposal by the union that would have saved $25 million and would have mitigated many furloughs. They turn that offer down. This time management basically lock out the union as far as mitigating furloughts this time. They will not compromise at all. Make no mistake, Gordon is taking hostages for contract "02"! This is his way of breaking the union.
This will be managements excuse to keep CAL/COEX pilots below industry standard pay, plan and simple.

UAL

Fact: 591 Furloughed
Fact: No future furloughs (if any) until March

Rumour: May reduce to 8000 (from 10,512 pre 9-11)

From Avweb.com

United Air Line mechanics have filed suit seeking to block intervention of a Presidential Emergency Board that stalled the union's ability to strike until February 21. Union members voted to strike back in December...

if you don't think this is serious...discuss it with your Eastern Airlines collegues.

The latest word...250 more pilots will be cut from the CALEX seniority list. This figure comes from management.

100 furloughed from CAL, so they furlough 250 from COEX. What a bunch of bull$hit. I heard it's affecting October 2000 hires. And I'm sure they won't be back for a long time!!!

Hey Colby, you still holding ATR Capt? I don't guess they can send you back to the 1900, they gonna send you to RJ fo school? You gonna stick around through this whole mess???

Latest resources

Back