Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More details of what really went on during the F9 auction.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stratus, Lay off the crack pipe. The deal is over! Who cares what happened. You are now part of a regional airline, so best of luck to you.

I gotta go with walkthasky on this one. It seems Stratus is in the minority at F9 as the people I know there are nothing if not top notch.

Dude, it's over. The deal is done. Doesn't matter what happened last week. All that matters is what happens from this point forward. I personally think you have a tougher road ahead of you as part of a regional airline having worked at several of them myself. But if you feel that vanquishing the mighty, legacy-like, evil, pompus arrogant villain that is Southwest Airlines was the greatest thing to happen in your life, then run with it! It's ok. That's what's important to you. Keep your chin up and your logbook up to date. And when the swa application window opens up again, throw your stuff in for review. I have a feeling after another year or two back at the commuters, you'll probably want to go to a national carrier again. Or a legacy. Or a major. Or whatever it is that swa is.

Good luck chief. I think you're going to need it...

Prediction, we kick your @$$ in Denver, you shrink capacity out of OUR city and you likley have fuloughs in the next year and a half. ;-) Cheers!

Why don't you email Gary Kelly and make a bet then.

Gup

Last edited:
What is the big deal with Denver, I could care less. I would have given our base to all the F9 folks. I hate going there. Now, I will hate it more cus those damn animals will be looking at me and the F9 gound folks will try to run me over. Oh and their hockey team SUCKS, Sakic was the only good player they had. (he retired way before 65)

I think that if F9 was that important for WN to acquire, GK would never have held on to the labor contingency clause. WN has 2+ Billion in the bank. They had the money to up the offer if they wanted to, and GK could have removed the clause if he needed to. Who knows? Maybe those guys in DAL aren't "naive". Maybe there is a plan B. Which might include RAH dropping a $150 million claim to secure their acquisition. And WN spending $0 dollars to appease their pilots. (bargaining chip during section 6 negotiations). Just maybe, WN is "naive" like a fox.

stratus72 get over it!!! You sound like a bitter 3 yr old that got his lolipop taken away. It's done, over, kaput.

I wish all you F9 guys the best of luck as it may be a tough road ahead.

I gotta go with walkthasky on this one. It seems Stratus is in the minority at F9 as the people I know there are nothing if not top notch.

Dude, it's over. The deal is done. Doesn't matter what happened last week. All that matters is what happens from this point forward. I personally think you have a tougher road ahead of you as part of a regional airline having worked at several of them myself. But if you feel that vanquishing the mighty, legacy-like, evil, pompus arrogant villain that is Southwest Airlines was the greatest thing to happen in your life, then run with it! It's ok. That's what's important to you. Keep your chin up and your logbook up to date. And when the swa application window opens up again, throw your stuff in for review. I have a feeling after another year or two back at the commuters, you'll probably want to go to a national carrier again. Or a legacy. Or a major. Or whatever it is that swa is.

Good luck chief. I think you're going to need it...

NO NO NO!!! Stay where you are, or go somewhere else. Who needs to fly with that? Maybe some anger management though! I was actually thinking our Airlines would have been a good combo, but after reading the posts on this Forum, I am starting to hope that the Frontier Poolies stay at their NEW Regional Airline!!!

Latest resources

Back