• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More cuts coming at Netjets????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He probably means that most rich people watch their money very closely.

Affirmative. That's what I meant.

My boss and his financial people scrutinize everything we submit. He runs a tight ship - and yet he spends loads of cash on leisure-related flights on the CL300 every week. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

There are some fundamental problems with your company, and your new CEO will address those. Things that you liked, will be shed. I know you have a contract, but a lot of that will be re-examined, and your union will meet with your new CEO and try to avoid further furloughs by giving away goodies. It will happen. If not, more people will probably be let go. It happens all the time in the airlines. You are not immune to this. It will be a harsh lesson, but one you will learn unfortunately.

You do of course realize the majority of pilots at NetJets are former airline.

Most of us have already lived through the "harsh lessons" you seem so desperate teach us.

Reduction in Benefits? Check
Bankruptcy? Set
Furloughs? Three Green Lights
Pension Annihilation? Got the T-shirt

This ain't our first rodeo ya' know.

Is that what all of this bickering is about?? You're trying to provide a "public service" to us in the form of a warning???

In that case -- thank you for your concern and we'll do our best to keep a closer watch on things.

Now can we all talk about something else??

And you are a genius? Try to learn how to debate instead of just calling someone a name. Go back to school if you have to.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I have debated you, as well as others. I have patiently explained why having Salmon on our crew meal selection doesn't necessarily make it more costly to the company than say, a ham sandwich. Yet despite this education, you have decided to return to your original statements that the salmon meals are some sort of luxury that will be going away. How can you even pretend to be in a debate when you refuse to listen to those you are debating?

I have debated you, as well as others. I have patiently explained why having Salmon on our crew meal selection doesn't necessarily make it more costly to the company than say, a ham sandwich. Yet despite this education, you have decided to return to your original statements that the salmon meals are some sort of luxury that will be going away. How can you even pretend to be in a debate when you refuse to listen to those you are debating?

Nothing the troll says is unique, you are attempting to debate someone that is apparently enjoying the misery and pain of others.

So wait, a salmon sandwich with the fixens is the same price as a ham sandwich? Where? Alaska? Come on now. You need to get cheaper catering then. Maybe you should shop somewhere other than RUDY's at TEB.......that is another example of over spending. I am sure the new CEO is looking into that. Why can't the cute lady at the FBO make you a ham sandwich for less? Do the FLOPS and FLEX guys pay the same amount for your sandwiches? I mean, it's great if you can get that type of food, but if it is overly expensive, then that may be a place he looks. At the airlines, especially flying INTL routes, we get the leftovers of what First class pax don't eat, which is still tasty. (and there is always room for a good desert, like that sundae) Do you know what the other fracs eat? With pressure now on cost cutting, it may be good to know. Everyone still knows that a hungry pilot is not a good pilot, so meals should be mandatory.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General, this is why I called you an imbecile. You don't listen to those who actually know. We have catering contracts and many times, a meal is a meal is a meal. I have seen receipts and talked to caterers confirming this. On top of that, the delivery charge often exceeds the price of the food itself. Your airline-only experience may not allow you to understand how the corporate aviation catering system works but would you at least listen to those who have a little more knowledge on this than someone who has read a couple opinion articles in the newspaper? How many times do we have to repeat this to you?

Last edited:
General, this is why I called you an imbecile. You don't listen to those who actually know. We have catering contracts and many times, a meal is a meal is a meal. I have seen receipts and talked to caterers confirming this. On top of that, the delivery charge often exceeds the price of the food itself. Your airline-only experience may not allow you to understand how the corporate aviation catering system works but would you at least listen to those who have a little more knowledge on this than someone who has read a couple opinion articles in the newspaper? How many times do we have to repeat this to you?

Thanks Dad, but that is ridiculous. A salmon sandwich and ham sandwich cost the same sometimes? You need to get a new catering contract. Tell me what the FLOPS and FLEX guys do, please. Do you know? And, AGAIN I will state that I personally know a couple NJA guys, and they have told me plenty. My knowledge extends a bit farther than a couple of articles, and you know that. Me knowing your interesting tipping procedure should have tipped you off on that. How does that work again? Tip yourself for getting a USAToday for a pax. Do you get tipped for wiping his arse? I bet you do it for free.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Why would I have any idea what the other companies pay for their catering? This is getting silly. Enjoy your leftovers.

Thanks Dad, but that is ridiculous. A salmon sandwich and ham sandwich cost the same sometimes? You need to get a new catering contract. Tell me what the FLOPS and FLEX guys do, please. Do you know? And, AGAIN I will state that I personally know a couple NJA guys, and they have told me plenty. My knowledge extends a bit farther than a couple of articles, and you know that. Me knowing your interesting tipping procedure should have tipped you off on that. How does that work again? Tip yourself for getting a USAToday for a pax. Do you get tipped for wiping his arse? I bet you do it for free.

Bye Bye---General Lee
Proof, a very poor representative of a pilot.
DAL folks would be proud of you.:rolleyes:

Yeah General, the cost of delivery and convenience is the real expense. A PBJ delivered to the FBO can be $60. Guess what a "salmon sandwich" goes for? You got it...$60 'ish dollars. It's a racquet and I'm sure I should start a catering company, the that's the way AirChef works.

I did hear a tale from a guy who talked to a guy that ran a catering service and he told me that he was told that they barley make a profit selling that PBJ at $60. Turns out that it's not like a restaurant where they have a regular turn over. So they have to have $800 caviar on hand in case someone orders it. (AirChef requires the inventory) 4 out of 5 bottles get chucked as no one orders it, but that one bottle gets sold and they have to charge $1400 for it to cover the loss on the other bottles.

Obviously my numbers don't work exactly as I made every one of them up, but that's the meat of the argument for charging $60 for a PBJ or a Salmon Sandwich. Sorta does make sense.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back