• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More cuts coming at Netjets????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are now in the left seat of a school bus, right? Don't you mean you USED to love getting them in the right seat? I bet you were one of those Captains who was ALWAYS right........and always right for your three wives too. Yeah, you could NEVER learn anything from a "whippersnapper" FO that "knew it all...." Today it is called CRM. (that is Cockpit Resource Mangement. Also known as TALKING) Today I bet you scare the heck out of local highschoolers interested in aviation when you invite them into your own C152 and then proceed to yell at them to NOT TOUCH ANYTHING. I bet it is very educational for them.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Im an expert at CRM, in fact you were taught CRM from my courses I designed many years ago.

you're welcome and your apology is accepted.

have a nice day.

Delta

GL -- let me throw a piece in this thread.

Which entity do you think will still be around in 10 years and still financially sound -- Delta or NetJets? I bet on NetJets (and have put my money where my mouth is). Keep up doing what you have been doing at Delta -- service is so great (and yes I do fly Delta at times), I actually increased my share size last year. Maybe it is time to get Bo and Luke out of the cockpit (but leave Daisy as a FA)??

I never posted about my favorite Captain on Delta last summer. Leaving out of Newark we had 3 passengers who were highly allergic to peanuts. All had letters or emails form cusotmer service saying that the crew on that flight would not serve the inflight meal of a small bag of peanuts -- the passemngers only chocie would be a bag of Sun Chips. When the Captain came out, he said, and I quote "I am in control of this aircraft and make all decisions. The other passengers on this plane have a right to have peanuts and I will not deny them that right". I was in row 2 so I heard him say this at least a dozen times over the 90+ minutes we delayed while Mr. Captain was on his power trip. "I am in control ..."; "I am in control ..." These passengers (or their parents) were all on their cells phones. Customer service essentially said that the Captain was in control once the door closes. The Captain told these passengers that he would not deny the right of over 100 passengers to have peanuts for the 3 passengers who could not have them. He gave them the option of leaving the plane. After an hour they took him up on the option and were about to leave the plane and then he said regulations required that their bags be taken out from below. Hence more delays. Many in the airplane agreeded by a voice vote that thety would not eat peanuts so the flight would go. Finally, his cell phone rang, he excused himself and went into the cockpit, and came out and announced on the plane "Attention all passengers: we have 3 passenegrs who are highly allergic to peanuts. While I will not instruct the flight attendants not to serve peanuts, these individuals ask that you request other snacks" (this is not a word for word quote). Then the plane erupted with applause and we left. Needless to say, I and dozens others missed their connections in SLC with no compensation from Delta -- all because of the power trip of Delta Captain Peanut Sized Brain. The flight was in late July 2008 (a Friday night, but maybe a Saturday), 5 p.m. flight from EWR-SLC. A 737 (not sure which model). Captain was about 6'4"-6"6" and slim.

Crew meals -- my guess is that they may change slightly but it is actually a small line item in the budget and eating healthy can increase safety, morale and lower healthcare expenses. Just because Delta averages something like $1.65 per passenger meal and is looking at ways to save another $.03 per meal, those numbers do not play out at NetJets.

The current state of domestic airline travel makes the old People Express look like a luxury airline.

Fly safe.

NJAowner might be my favorite poster.

It's sort of like the public going into the Disney employee break room so I don't know that I like that aspect...but I do like his posts.

I guess as long as he knows he's in the break room and is cool with the cast with their costumes off, smoking cigarettes....

Dookers good too.

Nobody forced you to read all this did they? You remind me of a tattle-tale in elementary school. I for one find this thread amusing and will never look at the Delta pilots the same. Amazing how one bad apple can make an entire pilot group look stupid.

You accuse Johnson of being a baby or tattle-tale, and then you state you will NEVER look at another DL pilot the same? You sound like the baby here. "No Mommy, I Won't! I won't look at them the same MOMMY...!" Get over yourself. "Time to go to bed, Johnboy! Night, Mama!" One guy with his own opinion can CHANGE your feelings about a group, FOREVER. Wow.

Bye Bye--General Lee

GL -- let me throw a piece in this thread.

Which entity do you think will still be around in 10 years and still financially sound -- Delta or NetJets? I bet on NetJets (and have put my money where my mouth is). Keep up doing what you have been doing at Delta -- service is so great (and yes I do fly Delta at times), I actually increased my share size last year. Maybe it is time to get Bo and Luke out of the cockpit (but leave Daisy as a FA)??

I never posted about my favorite Captain on Delta last summer. Leaving out of Newark we had 3 passengers who were highly allergic to peanuts. All had letters or emails form cusotmer service saying that the crew on that flight would not serve the inflight meal of a small bag of peanuts -- the passemngers only chocie would be a bag of Sun Chips. When the Captain came out, he said, and I quote "I am in control of this aircraft and make all decisions. The other passengers on this plane have a right to have peanuts and I will not deny them that right". I was in row 2 so I heard him say this at least a dozen times over the 90+ minutes we delayed while Mr. Captain was on his power trip. "I am in control ..."; "I am in control ..." These passengers (or their parents) were all on their cells phones. Customer service essentially said that the Captain was in control once the door closes. The Captain told these passengers that he would not deny the right of over 100 passengers to have peanuts for the 3 passengers who could not have them. He gave them the option of leaving the plane. After an hour they took him up on the option and were about to leave the plane and then he said regulations required that their bags be taken out from below. Hence more delays. Many in the airplane agreeded by a voice vote that thety would not eat peanuts so the flight would go. Finally, his cell phone rang, he excused himself and went into the cockpit, and came out and announced on the plane "Attention all passengers: we have 3 passenegrs who are highly allergic to peanuts. While I will not instruct the flight attendants not to serve peanuts, these individuals ask that you request other snacks" (this is not a word for word quote). Then the plane erupted with applause and we left. Needless to say, I and dozens others missed their connections in SLC with no compensation from Delta -- all because of the power trip of Delta Captain Peanut Sized Brain. The flight was in late July 2008 (a Friday night, but maybe a Saturday), 5 p.m. flight from EWR-SLC. A 737 (not sure which model). Captain was about 6'4"-6"6" and slim.

Crew meals -- my guess is that they may change slightly but it is actually a small line item in the budget and eating healthy can increase safety, morale and lower healthcare expenses. Just because Delta averages something like $1.65 per passenger meal and is looking at ways to save another $.03 per meal, those numbers do not play out at NetJets.

The current state of domestic airline travel makes the old People Express look like a luxury airline.

Fly safe.

I would have to say the largest airline in the world.(Juan Trippe thought so.. And some things can be too big to fail----we now have GM--Government Motors.) WB can scrap NJA if he wanted to and not hurt BH at all. With the current state of the economy and the bad press corporate aviation has gotten thanks to the automakers begging Congress, I would say the Frac industry could be in trouble for years, with some getting a lot smaller.

Your peanut story is interesting, but I have NEVER heard of something like that before. I am sure there are people like that in every industry, but certainly not the norm. To think that every DL pilot could make a decision like that is wrong. And, if a NJA pilot told you you could not do something, like land at Telluride due to WX, would you override him since you are an OWNER? Customer service is one thing, but someone has to make decisions, and that DL pilot made one. (right or wrong). A lot of CEOs of corporations love to make decisions, and then also think they can do the same while on an airliner or on a corporate jet. It is an ego thing. Sometimes, they just have to let go and let someone else decide things. They can't always SAVE THE WORLD, all the time.

And airline meals are airline meals. Some are good, if you pay more. We have gotten a lot more "pay for your own meals" on the plane, and they are actually a lot better than the old meals that were all the same. I think airlines notice that corporate aviation and fracs are struggling now, and if they add slightly better meals or seats (many airlines have totally lie flat seats now, plus better entertainment systems), they may keep some of the higher yeild passengers. Have a great one.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
That's funny, on my last round trip to Europe I got exactly that---nice meals and sundaes. Wait, when did you say you would be hiring again? Are you sure about that? I hope so......good luck with everything!

Bye Bye---General Lee

(Joke hat on).

Like I said... you'll never get that at Delta.

You had to fly to Europe and back just to get a lousy meal and a sundae??? Sucks man.

I had my 3 meals, free Starbucks coffee with real half and half, a complimentary Drumstick ice cream delight, a 60 inch plasma screen TV, 12 speaker surround sound, mood lighting, with theater seating and leather recline-a-chairs for my duty period yesterday... and all I did for the 1st half of the day was enjoy them. The Day the Earth Stood Still was on... great flick.

When everything stood still in the movie i wondered to myself if the alien was able to silence you too.:nuts:

You had to work too hard for you sundae General. You might need a better contract. Of course, there's always the food court in LGA. They've been in the news lately. :laugh::laugh::laugh::(:puke: ooo <--- General's Lunch. (Joke hat off)

All serious though... While sitting in the FBO watching the flick, eating my Drumstick and watching the movie we got a pop up trip. Our Owners consisted of a family who had a lousy experience on an airline. They walked off, called NetJets and within 2 hours we had them on their way... in THEIR airplane.

The lead on the flights words to me, "I'm still not sure why we ever flew on the airlines anyway. What a joke!"

I can't (and won't) sugar coat the customers own words for you General. The airlines are a broken model. Not your fault... NetJets is part of the next step in the evolution of flying for those who can afford the Luxury Service we provide. The Luxury Service airlines USED to provide.. in part. No worries, the Griswolds (and my family burning FF Miles) need to visit Europe too so there's plenty to go around.

Last edited:
I would have to say the largest airline in the world.(Juan Trippe thought so.. And some things can be too big to fail----we now have GM--Government Motors.) WB can scrap NJA if he wanted to and not hurt BH at all. With the current state of the economy and the bad press corporate aviation has gotten thanks to the automakers begging Congress, I would say the Frac industry could be in trouble for years, with some getting a lot smaller.

And airline meals are airline meals. Some are good, if you pay more. We have gotten a lot more "pay for your own meals" on the plane, and they are actually a lot better than the old meals that were all the same. I think airlines notice that corporate aviation and fracs are struggling now, and if they add slightly better meals or seats (many airlines have totally lie flat seats now, plus better entertainment systems), they may keep some of the higher yeild passengers. Have a great one.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You said it all.

I'd say any improvements to seats and meals will easily be overshadowed by the customers service quality put out by front line employees who don't get it, TSA (Biggie) and the very nature of the hub and spoke system (delays, delays, delays).

Out Owners don't want to be given a pat down. They don't want to fly through CVG. They don't want a choice of ONLY chicken or fish. They don't want Captain Peanut (as NJA Owner described). They don't want to go to LAX when they can fly to SMO and save hours. The don't want to have no options at 9pm for the night when the last flight out cancels. And that darn Citation 10 just looks bad azz on the ramp. They want to fly on it cause it looks like a hot rod and it eat the 757/76 for lunch in the climb.

(Joke hat on).

Like I said... you'll never get that at Delta.

You had to fly to Europe and back just to get a lousy meal and a sundae??? Sucks man.

I had my 3 meals, free Starbucks coffee with real half and half, a complimentary Drumstick ice cream delight, a 60 inch plasma screen TV, 12 speaker surround sound, mood lighting, with theater seating and leather recline-a-chairs for my duty period yesterday... and all I did for the 1st half of the day was enjoy them. The Day the Earth Stood Still was on... great flick.

When everything stood still in the movie i wondered to myself if the alien was able to silence you too.:nuts:

You had to work too hard for you sundae General. You might need a better contract. Of course, there's always the food court in LGA. They've been in the news lately. :laugh::laugh::laugh::(:puke: ooo <--- General's Lunch. (Joke hat off)

All serious though... While sitting in the FBO watching the flick, eating my Drumstick and watching the movie we got a pop up trip. Our Owners consisted of a family who had a lousy experience on an airline. They walked off, called NetJets and within 2 hours we had them on their way... in THEIR airplane.

The lead on the flights words to me, "I'm still not sure why we ever flew on the airlines anyway. What a joke!"

I can't (and won't) sugar coat the customers own words for you general. The airlines are a broken model. Not your fault but we are the next step in the evolution of flying for those who can afford the luxury service. the Griswolds need to visit Europe too so there's plenty to go around.

Looks like you were a furloughed USAir pilot, so I can see why you have animosity towards airlines, and are probably nervous due to the latest cutbacks at your company. To say that everything is the same from when you were jettisoned at USAir is not correct. Some airlines have found successful strategies, and some are still lame and treat pax and crew the same (your old company).

My meals to Europe are consistantly good, with choices and the sudaes are good too. (No LGA food court for me in YEARS) Obviously your peanuts on USAir were not good. You tell me about sitting around at FBOs---which has happened more and more for you lately. That isn't a good thing. The Holidays were busy, no doubt, but you are about to hit another slowdown. Playing with your drumstick (is that what you call it? O....kay....) at the FBO instead of producing extra revenue for your company is not something I would brag about.

And I am sure some of your owners have had bad experiences with the airlines. Joan Rivers had a bad experience too in Costa Rica the other day. Thing is, she may have been able to afford a frac ride a few years ago, but thanks to the bad economy and guys like Bernie Madoff, a lot of your owners are going back to the airlines, because they cannot afford a frac ride. Sad but true. And why again did that family you talked about even go on an airline in the first place? They had their OWN plane, right? Probably trying to save some cash. Ever ask yourself that question? We both know why they even considered the airline flight---MONEY. Your story doesn't really add up.

Wait, you said the airlines have a broken model? What about the fracs? Can you name one Frac that hasn't had problems in the last year? I am waiting.....Maybe Avantair, and that is because fuel hasn't hit them as hard. They are taking a lot of your customers, since they have planes that can do shorter flights for less money, and at about the same time in their P180s. What is the difference flying LAS to SNA in an Ultra or Encore vs a P180? The answer: a lot of saved cash, and about 15 extra minutes in the Avanti.

Hey, I don't want to consistantly fight with you guys, I think your product is great, except a lot of you are thinking things are great, when there is unfortunate change ahead. A bad economy can affect some businesses that once thought they were invincible. (ask Capt Dad---he thought Netjets was immune. Guess not) How about we stop the crazy banter and just hope our industries get better and everyone does well? Let's do it. Take care.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
You said it all.

I'd say any improvements to seats and meals will easily be overshadowed by the customers service quality put out by front line employees who don't get it, TSA (Biggie) and the very nature of the hub and spoke system (delays, delays, delays).

Out Owners don't want to be given a pat down. They don't want to fly through CVG. They don't want a choice of ONLY chicken or fish. They don't want Captain Peanut (as NJA Owner described). They don't want to go to LAX when they can fly to SMO and save hours. The don't want to have no options at 9pm for the night when the last flight out cancels. And that darn Citation 10 just looks bad azz on the ramp. They want to fly on it cause it looks like a hot rod and it eat the 757/76 for lunch in the climb.

TSA limitations are tough, and they are looking to invade smaller airports too. Just hope your TEB terminal doesn't get overrun by TSA, because you know just as well as I do that nobody really knows who is getting on which corporate jet, and the Gov't may want to know more. There are current bills open in Congress for more security at those airports.

And not all hubs are slow. ATL does very well, compared to other airports up North in the Winter. Very few WX delays, and the controllers are top notch. TEB is not the fastest airport, thanks to EWR traffic and other NYC ATC problems. How long can you wait for a takeoff time or taxi delay at TEB? I bet a long time......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back