Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Comair news or just incorrect news?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JonnyKnoxville

Comair maybe awarded to SkyWest or just incorrect news?

http://origin.sltrib.com/ci_5152069

This month, Delta will shift the flying of 12 Canadair regional jets to SkyWest, The company also is waiting to hear whether Delta will award it another 131 Comair jets.

What?? That is almost the entire fleet. Oh well, at least when I lower the bar by going to Skywest the Delta boys will be more willing to hire me.

Last edited:
Delta will do as they (and their creditors) please with the assets they control.

As previously stated, Delta can do what it wants. However, the original number escapes me (60 or so?) but I don't think anywhere near 131 Comair CRJs are in danger (IMHO, none of them are.) Imagine Skywest getting an additional 131 aircraft, i.e., 1300 more new hires on top of what they need already. Seems kind of silly when you think of it like that, huh?

(my crystal ball, and about 5 common sense reasons, say that the tide at comair is about to change)

As previously stated, Delta can do what it wants. However, the original number escapes me (60 or so?) but I don't think anywhere near 131 Comair CRJs are in danger (IMHO, none of them are.) Imagine Skywest getting an additional 131 aircraft, i.e., 1300 more new hires on top of what they need already. Seems kind of silly when you think of it like that, huh?

(my crystal ball, and about 5 common sense reasons, say that the tide at comair is about to change)
furloughs??

Request for Proposal.

Basically one tool (among many) in management's dirty bag of tricks to pit pilot groups against one another to compete for flying by accepting concessions, a substandard contract, etc.

damn...why they do ******************** like that? there has got to be other avenues

Great intimidation tactic though.

Wonder if Comair/ALPA will cave ?

dang...why they do ******************** like that? there has got to be other avenues

Because it's airline management, the WORST of any management.

Pilots, to them, are nothing but warm bodies required by the FAA. Don't listen to their crap about how "our employees are most important, we highly respect them, blah blah blah" during a quarterly conference call. That's just to look good in front of the media. They would sell you and your mother if they could just to line their pockets.

Latest resources

Back