• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More bad press for ASA/Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bring on the bad press if it's the only way to get us fixed. It's kind of like an intervention. Maybe we can finally get clean. Management is certainly beginning to walk the walk. I've noticed greatly improved conditions on the ramp, with rampers actually concerned about getting us parked. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in some of the recent meetings at all levels. We still have a lot of ground to cover, though.

I suggest that ASA pilots give a pat on the back when it is deserved. Let them know that we notice and care...not that they have to answer to us, but it still helps.

I would have to say that lately we have been getting much better service, faster parking,. etc..
They have hired several new rampers.

It may have been just be a fluke though. Was it a full moon last week?

I feel bad for the ASA crews because I know they are great people and work hard to make it happen right. The workers in ATL are pathetic and they bring it down for ASA. We at ACA face the same situation in IAD and ORD with the piss-poor United rampers who's attitudes are so poor you just want to jump out of the cockpit and ring their necks as you watch your on-time performance go down the tubes as they strut around the ramp like lost sloths.

Do what I do... carry a digital camera and attach a pic to the CCL (Crew Comm Letter - otherwise known as Couldn't Care Less).

They say that pic is worth a thousand words... try a pic of the ASA rampies in CHA with their shirts off suntaning on top of the bags that they were suppose to be loading.... Priceless!

In ATL, you don't even need a video camera as there is no motion.... just a bunch of guys standing in the same place.

Waiting for a wheel chair (38 min) got a pic of one of the rampies down a couple of gates SITTING IN THE WHEEL CHAIR WITH HIS EYES CLOSED. Great use of my 10x zoom lens. :rolleyes:

70Cuda said:
I feel bad for the ASA crews because I know they are great people and work hard to make it happen right. The workers in ATL are pathetic and they bring it down for ASA. We at ACA face the same situation in IAD and ORD with the piss-poor United rampers who's attitudes are so poor you just want to jump out of the cockpit and ring their necks as you watch your on-time performance go down the tubes as they strut around the ramp like lost sloths.

Unh, unless things have changed in the past few months, those are ACA employees (rampers) in IAD and ORD. Believe me, the service ACA receives there is exponentially better than what ASA/CMR receives in ATL.

They say that pic is worth a thousand words... try a pic of the ASA rampies in CHA with their shirts off suntaning on top of the bags that they were suppose to be loading.... Priceless!

BROKE IN CVG

That is priceless!!! lol...What was the response to your CCL?

CCL response

the few CCLs i've gotten back on ATL have been in the form of a form letter, which claims they are "studying solutions" and "reallocating resources". yeah whatever...

ASSA bad press

heard delta was looking for another regional somtime in 04 or 05. any comment general lee?

I finished a three day trip a couple of days ago. We went to DFW and hubbed out of there for the whole trip. It was amazing how my stress level went down as we escaped from Atlanta. Our whole trip went like clockwork, we were on time in DFW, DCA, JAN--no problems and everyone worked together. The one glitch was a late arriving aircraft (from ATL of course), but we still made up the time back to DFW and arrived 8 mins early and were parked right away.

I really think the majority of problems faced by ASA are the ATL ramp. If we EVER get that worked out we may be productive airline, not to mention a happier airline. Doing day lines out of Atlanta just gets you frustrated at the lazy idiots.

Broke in CVG.....PLEASE post that pic, we all need a good laugh:D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back