• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

more B757's??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are there many ETOP certified 757's available? It seems that the ex ATA 757's got snapped up fairly quickly.

I'm not sure. I understand that we were looking at some Delta 767's that recently became available, but I believe they got snapped up. Apparently, there are some planes available, however I know not where. Kind of hush hush, but from the training dept., not if but when. Stay tuned.

Here is some information they released today.

The airline revealed its fleet plan last week in a filing with the US Securities & Exchange Commission. To reach the 354 figure by year’s end, US Airways – which has already reduced the 384-strong mainline fleet recorded at the end of November – says it expects to remove 22 aircraft and add a further five in 2006.
During the first quarter, it removed two Boeing 737-300s and took delivery of two Airbus A319s previously ordered by America West. US Airways also recently announced the acquisition of three 757s formerly operated by grounded French carrier Air Horizons. These will be deployed this year on new services to Europe.
The overall mainline fleet reduction, agreed in connection with the merger and US Airways’ emergence from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, “better matches aircraft size with consumer demand”, says US Airways in its filing.
Separately, US Airways warns that the future status of its domestic codeshare agreement with United Airlines remains unclear: “On 3 March, US Airways filed a motion with the bankruptcy court to assume its agreements with United; however, the company is continuing to negotiate with United concerning revisions to the existing agreements.”
If US Airways is unable to agree with United, it says, the company’s codeshare relationship with United and membership in Star Alliance “could be terminated”.
US Airways, meanwhile, continues to work towards combining its frequent-flyer programme with America West’s, and says it expects to complete the merger under the “Dividend Miles” name by the second quarter.
MARY KIRBY / PHILADELPHIA

Related Articles

US Airways revamps Embraer jet orders
(14/02/06)

From the Scheduling Committee, does not sound like it ...

There are NO NEW aircraft projected for the near future other than the three B757s, which the MEC is addressing the distribution of vacancies between east and west, and the Embraer 190s, when the MEC will address once a firm date for delivery is set. However, the standard caveat was given at the meeting that if a smoking deal came by, the company would jump on the deal.

In addition, there are NO NEW PLANNED LOSSES, expected on the west side other than what has all ready been announced. We are losing 18 total aircraft (one B757, and a combination of Airbuses and B737 aircraft) but we are gaining 10 Airbuses for a net loss of eight. The rumor about losing more B737 aircraft was discussed and the company informed me that, at this time, they are planning to keep the 737s and do the maintenance “AD” note that has come out for these aircraft. But, that could change in the future as new opportunities present themselves.

Hey 82 man

When did you hear this? I heard the remaining Busses were rolled into the 350 order. Hopefully that is worng but that's the word on the street.

D

MECH said:
...three 757s formerly operated by grounded French carrier Air Horizons. These will be deployed this year on new services to Europe.

Where are they launching these from, PHL? Considering after fueling the plane, we go out and shake the wings and ask the guy to top it off so we can get back to EWR, I hope USAir isn't planning on going too deep into Europe with those 757s.

Are the RR or PW engines? Wingleted?

When they originally announced the new Europe service, our company website showed the 767 flying the 2 deeper routes. The only 757 route was Lisbon. I don't think the new A/C will have winglets...supposedly they are studying it, though.

MD80, the only place I've heard that the A320s were being rolled into the A350 order was here on flightinfo.

It seems clear the powers that be are open to new opportunities and good deals as they arise, but nothing official as of yet.

Some more 757's would be nice. As an aside - I had a chance to non-rev to HNL last week and was impressed with our service both ways. On time pushback both legs, curteous gate agents in HNL. Full flights both ways...not sure if weight is still an issue...I haven't heard much about it in the past month.

Latest resources

Back