• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More attractive to recruiters?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would continue in the left seat, but instead of considering SIC at a regional, I would look to the right seat in a larger transport aircraft like at Southern, Kalitta, Ryan, Atlas, etc. I think some time in a large aircraft with your current times would make you very competitive when the likes of DAL, UAL, etc begin to hire. Good luck.

Atlas to UAL..... Add up the pay scales for the longevity of a career....might want to rethink that one...

Last edited:
Emirates and Qatar are calling your name. Set your family up in a nice pad and make some good money. Schools are better too... You know, for the kids.

However you do it, keep the learning curve high.

I agree with all above and want to add something that you might not be thinking of. You want to know how to be more attractive? Well it might seem superficial, but hit the gym, stay in shape, have good hair and skin! Do not skimp on your interview attire. Look good!!! In this market, you can throw a rock and hit someone qualified for the job. What you need to do is make sure they remember you in a good way. If you have a cheap suit, bad hair, and a capt belly you have just given them a reason not to hire you.

That's a good point- people hire happy, positive people- endorphins and serotonin from exercise will only help
As will your smile- get to the dentist- floss-
Work on anything professionally and personally you might be insecure about and that will help come interview time-
And the workouts will help any stress-
As far as getting the interview- others offered good ideas above- just be a pro at updating. But I imagine you'll be fine- simply asking the honest question in the OP is the single best thing you can do- it'll be the difference between being at the front of the next wave, or sliding at the back or not at all

Latest resources

Back