Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flywest

Respect my authoritaaahh!
I am currently considering applying at ACC. After reading some past posts, I was wondering if any current ACC pilots (or former pilots) could answer some more questions I have.
  • If you get hired, can you choose to do the "on call" (reserve) rotation?
  • If you have an out and back run, do you spend the day at your hub (home), or at the outstation?
  • When you are at the outstations, do you have a hotel or crew rest area?
  • How much do captains make? (other posts said around $40k, is there a more exact number?)
  • If you were assigned a base that you didn't initially want, can you transfer to another base if it comes open?
  • Is there any per diem?
  • I have approx. 2600 hrs with 400 turbine, 1200 multi; would I be considered for a captain postition, or as an FO initially?
Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,
FlyWest

flywest said:
I am currently considering applying at ACC. After reading some past posts, I was wondering if any current ACC pilots (or former pilots) could answer some more questions I have.
  • If you get hired, can you choose to do the "on call" (reserve) rotation?
You can ask if you want put they will use you where they need you.

• If you have an out and back run, do you spend the day at your hub (home), or at the outstation?
Really depends on the run. I have been doing charter for the past two years with ACC and do not know much about the schd runs. However, it seems that most go to some place and sit for maybe 6 hours or more then go home. I am filling in on the LRD-AUS run for example. We leave LRD at 745pm and are back in LRD by 915AM. Cake run with about 2.8 per night. With about 9 hours spent in a hotel. However, there is the CHO run where you get about 3.5 hour rest in ILN (And blocks 4.5+ a night). So, it just depends where you go. But most have you home (at base) for the daylight hours.

• When you are at the outstations, do you have a hotel or crew rest area?
Again, varies. This LRD run stays in a hotel as does the RDU run. The CHO run that goes thru ILN has a trailer with beds in it.

• How much do captains make? (other posts said around $40k, is there a more exact number?)
I think that is about right for the schd side. The charter captains make about 50k+. Depends on how much you fly and if you work off days.

• If you were assigned a base that you didn't initially want, can you transfer to another base if it comes open?
If you want sure. However, some of the runs have captains that are prob not gonna move:)

• Is there any per diem?
Yes, it is a good amount of your pay....gotta love that!

• I have approx. 2600 hrs with 400 turbine, 1200 multi; would I be considered for a captain postition, or as an FO initially?
I am sure with your time upgrade would be rather fast.

Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated!!

No worries man!

Thanks,

FlyWest

Also, we have three falcon 20s on our certifcate. So , that is also something you could ask them about. I just got typed on it so I will be on that soon:)
Wankel

Latest resources

Back